Ratings for Dr. Andrew Lee

Absolutely no time for family..no compassion. Always looking at the clock, talks always in medical terms and gets physically annoyed when you ask any questions...needs to understand this is not just another day for people and their families when a loved one is having a brain biopsy. My husband looked depressed and was so confused after his surgery and Dr Lee had no empathy or time for me, his family or friends. Hopefully my husband doesnt require another surgery but if he does i will request a new surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Very pleasant experience. He has done 2 spinal surgeries on me in the last 15 years. Relatively fast recovery without much pain. He does not hesitate to refer me to another surgeon for 2nd opinion. I trust him 100%. I saw some negative comments here. Lets not forget we are talking about nerve/brain surgeries. Things could happen during a surgery. That is why its risky. Cant just blame the surgeon for everything. We all sign a paper to accept the risks involved. Sometimes there is a little wait, but its not because he is sitting down for a coffee. I happen to like, when a doctor takes his/her time with me. His staff is great too. Friendly and helpful. Jozsef B.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Very nice person and very busy but found the time to repair a ruptured disc in my back .

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I fractured my neck while on vacation in Hawaii, and my GP referred me to Dr Lee for the 6 week follow-up. I know I wasn't a surgery case, and expected to be whisked in and out of the office in a few minutes at best. Instead, Dr Lee took the time to review my original CT scan, my most recent x-rays, and augmented his explanations with a model of the spine. He was clear and concise, but answered all questions without hurrying. I'd want this guy in my corner if I ever suffered a more severe injury!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Dr. Lee is an absolute miracle worker for our family. In Dec 2009, my mother had a severe C spine and T spine fracture and was in the ICU for 2-3 weeks while waiting for her turn to be moved to Vancouver General Hospital for surgery. Dr. Lee happened to be in the same hospital as us and was confident of doing this surgery. He was able to answer all our questions in a professional manner and was very calm and composed. He seemed to care for what the family was going through. Because of him, we were able to avoid waiting another month before surgery and now my mom is in the recovery stage.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

Arranged for an EEG. It happened very quickly, I didn't have to wait for more than a few days, and it was not an emergency either!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

I was lucky that Dr. Lee was on call the night of my car accident in 2008. I have had two spinal surgeries by him (L1 fracture repair with instrumentation in 2008, and L1-L2 fusion with instrumentation in 2012). I would recommend Dr. Lee to anyone. He always takes time to answer my questions and he has a calm, respectful demeanor that makes me feel at ease. I have total confidence in Dr. Lee and if I need another surgery in the future it will be with him. The only thing I would say to prospective patients is that it is common to wait a while in his office when you have a scheduled appointment. But it is well worth it, because he takes time with you and you don't feel rushed.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

Dr Lee is very compassionate and caring . Gets straight to the point doesn't mess around. I've had 2 surgeries by Dr Lee he's always been forth coming with information and possible complications. Always took my concerns and questions seriously and never once made me feel dumb. If my friends or family ever needed the help of a neurosurgeon he would be the guy. His office lady is very pleasent when you call . Over all thanks for everything :0)

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

Very $ hungry doc. Only wants to follow up if he sees dollars through surgery.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Dr.Lee is the absolute best! I had spinal fusion done in 2011 and I will never regret it. Originally he was to fuze L5-S1, however once in he noticed the L4-L5 disc was impaired too and without hesitation he fixed that as well. It was a 7 1/2 hour surgery and I feel great. He came to visit me every day in the hospital and has also been great on the follow ups. With no hesitation I would recommend him for your surgery. He knows what hes talking about and spent lots of time explainging everything to me. He is the second neurosurgeon I went to and comparing him to the other is like apples and oranges. Thanks for giving me my life back Dr.Lee!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011