Ratings for Dr. Scott T. Hornung

I really dislike slamming someone but Dr. Hornung is a shady incompetent character. I say character because his practice is a joke ...a bad dream where I wake up and still reel about the thousands of dollars I lost while having to get all of his work done over. My daughter hit it on the head when she said..." I think he believes he's a know it all." It's sad for someone so young to get introduced to unprofessionally trained people. Cavities are filled and we are supposed to expect pain after? Then infection? Then root canals? (On more than one occasion).After awhile you realize you've been taken to the cleaners.!! Don't get caught up in his charm...just say NONONO!!!!! Don't ever let him near your precious teeth....I seriously don't know how he has stayed in business. (Probably why he resorts to Groupon's)

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

After my family going to the office for a year, I finally switched to another provided. While the staff was wonderful and hygienists were excellent, I found dr Hornung to be extremely unprofessional. Was he nice? Yes. Friendly, yes. But when my daughter was in the chair getting what was supposed to be 3 small fillings, he took personal phone calls from family on two occasions. During the second filling my daughter raised her hand to indicate it hurt and he kept going instead of giving her more novacaine. Then, he told me he just didn't have time to do the third filling as he needed to get home . I was told the third filling was "no big deal" and could be rescheduled even though I told him again that it was the one causing her pain ( and that had prompted the visit to the dentist to start with. So, instead of going back to him I took my daughter to my old dentist who was not covered by our new insurance. Not only was the cavity not " no big deal" it actually went into the pulp of the tooth requiring extensive additional work. At that point plenty of people would have been writing a negative review however I did not. 6 months later I go to a new dentist for my own cleaning and was told that decay was overlooked in a tooth I had indicated was bothering me 6 months ago at my last visit in dr hornung's office. This cavity is also to the pulp and needs a root canal. I'm not sure what they are doing over there but it's not good dentistry

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

RUN, Run fast, Run away, RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can away from this place Doctor does not keep his word. Poor support staff,

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I had a broken tooth fixed by Dr Scott. Was talked into a cleaning and xrays first; my concern about the broken tooth was swept to the side. When it was finally fixed in a few weeks, it throbbed for a month (it never hurt until after it was fixed), and when it stopped throbbing, the other side of my regular tooth broke. I don't recall any issues with insurance, but remember having to pay more than I expected (but dental anything is never cheap, even with insurance). I have hyper anxieties in any type of environment with doctors, as do many other people. The folks are, friendly, knowledgeable, and weren't trying to rob me blind, but I still felt anxious the whole time.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Scott is a great dentist. I cannot understand how anyone could post a review that is negative. I feel there are people out there who just want to spread venom. I had extensive work done and I feel I got my money's worth. I had been going to another dentist, but the prices were just too high. A friend recommended Dr. Scott to me. I had to drive quite a bit, but it was worth it. Yes, his prices are much better than other dentists, but more importantly, he is a fantastic dentist with great skill, patience and yes a great sense of humor. He even came in on his day off (on a Sunday) to check my mouth when I was in pain. How many dentists do that?? None. After I met with him that Sunday, he scheduled me in the next day to show me the treatment plan he recommended. He worked with me and didn't push me into any of it. I am so pleased with this dentist and if I could give him a higher rating I would. Thank you Dr. Scott for all you do and for being the best dentist I have ever gone to!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Unskilled, unprofessional. A terrible dentist. Simple procedures turned into major rootcanals. Rootcanals that didn't work, had to be redone by another dentist. Does not know how to bond teeth correctly, they fall apart...over and over. Crowns that didn't match in color to other teeth, crowns that were not ever placed in right, etc etc etc. I could go on and on and on. I had to put out an extra couple of thousand dollars of my own money in repairing all his damage to my mouth. He can't even fill a simple cavity correctly. You are warned!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2012

I had extensive work done by Dr. Scott. He takes so much time going over options, how can he get a bad review.. not a rude bone in his body. He has a good sense of humor too. I hate going to the dentist in general, but Dr. Scott makes it a relatively pleasant experience. He is a hard worker and a very nice guy. I would recommend this office to anyone. Thanks Dr. Scott.. your prices are better than my last dentist too.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

Dr. Scott Hornung went over every treatment option with me very patiently. He even gave me a break on the work I needed done. I came to him after having some bad work done by a different dentist. Dr. Scott did not bad mouth the doctor, but told me I had some problems now and he would help me. He is funny, patient and an excellent dentist. I cannot understand the bad review.... maybe she was having a bad day! Go to Dr. Scott.. he is excellent and lower priced than others around.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

got a cleaning and cavity fillings done on 2 seprate days. poor staff. got my cleaning done while she was on the phone with her daughter who just had her wisdom tooth pulled or soemthing more imporatant like that. Scott was rude and didn't want to answer simple questions regarding my cavities. im going to pick another dentist, if you don't mind sketchy dentists such as these, WILMINGTON FAMILY DENTAL is the place for you

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009