Ratings for Dr. Anil R. Shah

Not a good surgeon. He really botched up my nose. It took thousands of dollars, a lot of traveling to other doctors over seas and too much time off work to fix his bad results.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

I've waited a few years to write this review, just to see if anything would get better like he insisted it would. But nope. 3 years later and I still have a completely botched nose. I have horrible alar retraction, a drooping tip, tip bossae and a hanging columella. Choosing this doctor is one of my biggest regrets. I had wanted a nose job for so long and when I met Dr. Shah, he acted so nice and seemed to genuinely understand what I wanted my nose to look like and told me it was achievable. I had only wanted my tip lifted and thinned a bit, nothing too major. What I got was a pointy, uneven nose with a tip that droops even more now and nostrils that are so flared they just look deformed. At my follow-up appointments after surgery, I brought this up to him yet he kept insisting it was "just swelling" and injecting something (can't recall what the name was) into my nose that would bring the swelling down. Never worked. When I asked for a revision, his reply was literally, "well I'm happy with it and I think it looks good, so I think we should just leave it alone." I mean.. really? He's happy with it? It isn't his face or his money that was spent, it was mine. Now I have to spend so much more getting all this fixed. Please think twice before choosing him, or at least visit a few other surgeons beforehand. I wish I could go back and choose a different doctor, but lesson learned.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

I had a rhinoplasty done by Dr. Shah a little over a week ago, and although it takes a year to see the final result of the nose because of swelling, I can already appreciate the difference! The staff is very helpful in answering any question you have and reply in a timely manner if emailed. Dr. Shah made sure we were on the same page before going starting my surgery on how I wanted my nose to look which made me all the more confident I would be happy with how it turns out. The only criticism I have is that the office could be a little more professional. The staff and rooms need some work on their aesthetics. I have a year recovery ahead of me so it may be too soon to speak on my nose, but right now I am very pleased! Glad to have chosen Dr. Shah.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

My rhinoplasty is terrible. If you care about your nose don’t come here. Came for revision and got alar and rasp without being put to sleep. This horror traumatic shaving on my bone is never going out of my head!!! How can a doctor do this to patients without putting them to sleep? I asked to be put to sleep but he insisted that it’s nothing

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr. Shah utilized Fractora RF to treat hyperhidrosis in my underarms. The treatment has been very effective. Dr. Shah did an excellent job explaining the condition, the treatment and what to expect. He is an excellent doctor who is incredibly knowledgeable. His approach during the treatment was extremely engaged. He checked in several times on how I was feeling and adjusted as needed to make sure I was comfortable the entire time. I am very happy with the results. The treatment did exactly what Dr. Shah intended and I was hoping for. Recovery has been extremely easy with no side effects other than the intended reduction in sweating. Dr. Shah checked in with me a few days after the procedure as well. I couldn’t be more thrilled with my experience with Dr. Shah and with this procedure.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Shahs staff is very nice He is a very nice person and very likable That being said- I have a botched rhinoplasty and he does not have the skill set to fix it. Do not be fooled by reviews. As he makes every patient sign a non disclosure agreement . I will be seeking a specialist for revision. He seems to be more concerned about how many rhinoplastys he can do in a year over quality

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

His staff is very disorganized. Sh.ah is not helpful at all. Knowledge wise he needs more experience. Punctuality zero, he's always late and running behind.This review is solely based on my experience. In my opinion he is one of the worst plastic surgeons out there. He has transformed me so much that I am now unrecognizable. My lips are misshapen, my upper blepharoplasty is all lumpy and uneven, my nose is crooked and uneven, my cheeks are bloated beyond belief. I'm completely botched he turned me into a strange looking creature instead of maintaining my beautiful features, I am not the woman I was.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

I could never fully express how traumatic my experience with Dr. Shaw was. I was given Valium and hydrocodone before the surgery and was supposedly numbed prior to surgery with a local anesthetic. After the procedure started, I expressed the fact that I could feel the pain. He told his help to give me another Valium, and continued. I told him I was in 10/10 pain and popped me another Valium, tried giving me more local anesthesia (didn’t wait for it to begin working) and proceeded. I cried the entire time i was in surgery, couldn’t stop afterwards, and couldn’t walk by the time I left because of all the Valium I was given. He told me first that I was anxious for the surgery (which I was not), then said I have a low pain tolerance (which I absolutely do not). During the entire procedure, I felt like I was being tortured for information but didn’t know the answer. Put that one on your live FB vlog, Dr. Shaw... I just went for my follow up today with a noon appointment. They called me at 11:40 telling me they had to push my appointment back to 1:00p (I drove an hour to get here). They brought me back at 12:45p, put me in a room, never came in, so I went back in the waiting room, and I wasn’t seen until 1:57p. He spent a whole 3 minutes with me and pushed me out the door. He also said “sorry about the surgery, you showed a lot of heart during it, and it’s always tough finding out someone isn’t numb after you’ve started.” He didn’t even offer to pay for my parking. I’m literally in shock. I will be seeking legal council.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Went for a revision rhinoplasty/septoplasty consult and never went back. Avoid at all cost. His staff wanted me to pay out of pocket for everything and not deal wih my insurance.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

I just had a rhinoplasty surgery and I already can tell he didn't deviate from he said and what he did! He is very focused on his job,although he might give you the impression he doesn't care,but he s actually analyzing potential replacement and adjustments for your features!as if he doesn't have time to talk to you,but he s actually concentrating to give his best results through his job! This is not a joke and he doesn't have time to chat or to respond to all our minor questions! All these answers will be given by the appointed assistants! This is what I experienced and I think this is the most important! He is very dedicated and he has a lot of clients,so let him do his job and you won't be disappointed!! Thank you,dr Shah for what you've done to me so far!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr. Anil R. Shah's Credentials

• Hindi

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

• BCBS Illinois