Ratings for Dr. Allen D. Harrison

I wanted to get a head start on my New Year health goals and I have to get rid of my migraine headaches to do just that. To start Dr. Harrison is an amazing and caring person, which is step one in my experience with doctors. I just felt like my goals were his goals, a nice change. My migraines have completely gone away after 3 visits, and I have been able to begin working out again. I know that I have a lot of work ahead of me to make my goals a reality, but this was the better start than I could have imagined.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

A fantastic doctor, he listens and spends quality time with me everytime I am in the clinic. He even called after my first adjustment to see how I was feeling. That was a first from a doctor! Love you lots Dr. Harrison, keep up the excellent work!!!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

Dr. Allen D. Harrison's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Why I get out of bed in the morning? Every day I hear story after story from patients and parents explaining how Chiropractic care has changed their life and the significant impact it has had on their entire family. Every day the results we see with Chiropractic amaze even me, and I make it my mission to show up every day dedicated to improving the health of as many families as possible. What led me to this profession? Chiropractic discovered me all the way back in middle school. I have been under Chiropractic care on and off since I was about 12 years old due various sports injuries. I always thought that being a Chiropractor would be an excellent career because my Chiropractor at the time was the Chiropractor for Guns n' Roses and Bon Jovi, how cool is that! When I was in college, I was involved in a car accident that left me with terrible sciatic pain down both of my legs. I sought out treatment with Chiropractors, PTs, MD's and massage therapists, but there was no lasting relief from the pain, and it was starting to interfere with my job as a personal trainer. Why NUCCA Chiropractic? Through a referral, I found myself in the office of a NUCCA Chiropractor in my college town. The NUCCA adjustment was so gentle that I did not believe the doctor had done anything. Two days later the sciatic pain that I had for months started to lessen in intensity and was completely gone within a week. I entered Chiropractic College about three months after my first NUCCA correction and had dedicated my Chiropractic career to the detection and correction of the upper cervical subluxation through NUCCA Chiropractic care. Education Palmer College of Chiropractic (Davenport, Iowa), 2006 Doctorate in Chiropractic West Virginia University, 2002 Bachelor of Science, Exercise Physiology (major) Aquatic Therapy (minor) Experience 2013 – San Francisco, California I opened my own private practice, The Balanced Atlas, in San Francisco's Sunset district. 2007 – 2013 – Virginia Beach, Virginia A senior associate doctor at Precision Spinal Care, where I trained and practiced with David Packer, D.C., a NUCCA Board Certified doctor. 2006 – 2007 – Bend, Oregon I enjoyed an incredible nine-month residency in beautiful central Oregon at Holtby Chiropractic Center with a 30 year veteran of the NUCCA work, Ralph Holtby, D.C. NUCCA Experience I am in my final submission of x-rays for my Full NUCCA Board Certification, an honor that less than 30 NUCCA doctors have obtained since NUCCAs foundation in 1966. NUCCA Board Certification a rigorous testing of the clinicians adjusting and x-ray work within the field of Chiropractic. Through this process of x-ray film submission, my submissions are regularly checked and evaluated by other Certified NUCCA doctors to ensure that I am exceeding NUCCA Board standards. The outcome is that my patients have a guarantee they will be receiving the gold standard in precise Upper Cervical NUCCA corrections. Pediatric and Family Focus While practicing in Virginia, I realized and developed my genuine passion in caring for children and families. My youngest patient so far was less than 6 hours old and had just come through a very traumatic birth, but has done amazing since his first correction. It is my firm belief that everyone should be checked for spinal misalignments from birth, and adjusted when necessary for the rest of their lives. Proper communication between our brain and body is an essential element to how we function as a human. If a NUCCA doctor has never evaluated you for an upper cervical misalignment, please call or email us to set up your consultation today.

• English

• Palmer College Chiropractic - Davenport (Grad. 2006)
  • West Virginia University (Grad. 2002)

• Migraine
  • Neck pain
  • Trigeminal neuralgia
  • Chronic fatigue syndrome
  • Sciatica
  • High blood pressure (hypertension)
  • Back pain