Ratings for Dr. Carlton Harnarine

When the tests he ordered showed up negative, he gave me the 'good news' that there was nothing wrong with me. When I pointed out that despite the test results, I was still vomiting bile, having diarrhea several times a day (often bloody), losing weight, very little energy/always tired, pale, no appetite & having abdominal cramps, he again pointed out that the tests didn't show anything. When we asked for a second opinion, he once again replied that the tests didn't show anything & seemed puzzled as to why we wanted a second opinion, after all the test were negative. I eventually got a second opinion with the help of my GP & was diagnosed with a chronic digestive disease/immune disorder. With meds & surgery I am much better. Now, I really am happy when the tests come up negative. By the way, bedside manner isn't exactly his forte, actually in my experience interacting with others isn't exactly his strong suit.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

I would not send my dog to this Dr. He wanted to give me heart medication for a swallowing disorder. I am so glad I got a second oppinion, and my problem is being dealt with in the appropriate manner.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009