Ratings for Dr. Tally H. Eddings

My consultation was minutes as someone listed below.. " I'm a surgeon, I cut". After the fact had two respectable surgeons say they would not have done the procedure. (elbow bursitis). My elbow is now jacked. Ask around.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Wonderful not sure I would have walked again if he had not been there to do surgery on my leg! Love him and would not let anyone else touch me if he is around

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Dr. Eddings just replaced my right knee(10-25-15) and I am doing great. Dr. Eddings was very kind and he knows what he is doing. When my left knee needs replaced, he will be the one doing it.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Wonderful and caring. Refused to perform surgery unless all other conservative measures failed. This is a guy who makes his living by performing surgery but only wants to do this as a last resort. I find him compassionate, caring and above all of sound judgement and character.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Saw bones, I would rather see a barber, in worse shape now then before surgery. Two minutes is the length of a consultation.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr.Eddings recently successfully performed total knee replacement on my left knee (right knee 3-09).He was competent, professional and empathetic. He is matter-of-fact but I did not find him to be rude. He answered all questions,giving evidence-based answers. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Dr. Eddings was the on call doctor after I fell and tore the tendons in both my quads. I wish it would of been someone else as I believe he did a poor job repairing them and I had to have them both redone by Dr. Jansen who did a great job. Dr. Eddings spent about 2 minutes with me on each visit for 6 months untill I told him something was wrong and he refered me to Dr. Jansen who then told me both knees needed to be redone. Dr. Eddings did not take an x-ray for those 6 months, Dr. Jansen took one the 1st visit and showed me where neither one had taken that Eddings did. What a shock to find this out 6 months later. It was the luck of the draw that Eddings was on call that Friday after I fell and my luck had run out when I got him. If Dr. Jansen had been the one on duty that day I would not be still dealing with all this over 1 year later in my opion. If you can stay away from Dr. Eddings I would. Plus his after care is really terrible as well, at least in my case it was.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I had x-rays & an MRI which revealed OA in both knees. The right knee has a big tear in the meniscus, 1/3 space left,bone spurs behind my kneecap, which is out of place, and a bakers cyst. My other doc strongly suggested surgery and referred me to Eddings. After reading my tests for 5 minutes Eddings told me the meniscus, being horizontal, would not be worth operating on and the debilitating pain was the OA. I appreciated him not performing what he thought was an unnecessary surgery, HOWEVER, not being knowledgeable in arthritis and being young, when I asked him how to manage it, he said, "I'm not going to sit here and tell you what to do," then he said, "Get used to this pain it's only going to get worse and you're too young for a knee replacement." He gave me a between the eyes diagnosis, took my hope, then got angry for asking for help! Disgraceful. Great book, "Pain-Free Arthritis" by Dr. McIlwain answers questions Eddings is too arrogant to bother with. Empower yourself.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Went to see Dr. Eddings for a torn meniscus which had already been diagnosed from a MRI. He proceeded to tell me that a shot of cortisone would fix me right up. Well, I'm no Doctor but cortisone will not heal the tear and that is what I told him. He then got very rude and said "I'm not going to be told how to practice orthopedics." Rather then fixing the problem(torn meniscus) he wanted to delay the surgery and drag me and my knee through several more office visits. He clearly has issues with someone who questions his opinion.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

Dr. Eddings was very sincere in helping me with my hip problems. He explained in great detail why I was in such pain. I had 3 other opinions who all refused to replace both hips because of my age (44) I dealt with ongoing pain for years. Now I'm painfree! Thank you Dr. Eddings for giving my life back! I highly recommend him to anyone~

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Dr. Tally H. Eddings's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1991)