Ratings for Dr. Adeeba K. Akhtar

I never saw the doctor. Over a year after my last visit I received a bill. When I called the office Mohammed told me that Aetna lies to get people to sign up with them. When I called Aetna they got Mohammed on the phone and faxed over proof that they had in fact paid them. Since I never saw the doctor only the PA I have no idea how good she is. Her staff needs to learn what it means for a practice to sign up as an in-network provider. It would also be helpful if they didn't trash insurance companies to the patients. I would not recommend this practice for medical care and billing.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Awful experience.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I had issue with one of the staff. I put me on hold for over 15 minutes.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dear Dr. Adeeba Akhtar, Thank you for takinggood care of my sister eileen, during her last months. Your care enabled her to be more comfortable when she was so sick. It was wonderful of you to meet with my daughter and i to share your experiences with Eileen. You were a comfort to her and me. I really appreciate your care and concern. sincerely, Loraine W.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

This dr. showed up in the ER dressed like a party girl, was loud, spoke very quickly and left in a hurry. She was very difficult to understand and spoke to us as though we were wasting her time. After she left, we had to ask the nurses to explain what was going on. She NEVER came to see the patient in the hospital room, and took FOUR hours to allow him to be discharged - never came into the room, threw a fit in the hallway with the nurses about how hard it was for her to do her job. Her PA came in once, told the patient he would have to undergo all kinds of tests that were not required, further stressing him, after his cardiologist had already said he wouldn't need any additional tests. Her office staff is very rude, left me on hold for 10 minutes and longer each time I called for more information about the bill. The accounts manager hung up on me and I never was able to speak to the office manager.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

She is a great doctor. Easy to talk...she listens. Great, sweet manner. Very knowledgeable. I am happy she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

She is the best doctor I have ever met. When she walkes in to the exam room..she lights up the room. She listens with care, she gives advice, free samples....she just makes my day.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

She is an excellent doctor but we keep getting referred to her PA. Her office is not handicap accessible, you will undoubtedly wait longer than you want to(1-2 hours) and her receptionist has an attitude problem. I'm looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

She was my father's doctor while he was in a nursing home and is now his attending physician. She is wonderful, very knowledgeable, and has a good bedside manner. She listens to your questions and acts appropriately to address your concerns. Definitely a keeper!!! - Katy, Texas

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009