Ratings for Dr. Daniel P. Dalton

His partner, Dr. Lin, was my urologist who had been watching a kidney cyst for 3 years, for which it was rated with a 5% chance of being malignant. After a CT scan in November, he noted a change in size and composition (now 25-35% chance) and suggested Dr. Dalton do the surgery. The radiologists suggested waiting put they advise surgery. I had the cyst and 1/4 of my kidney removed the day after Christmas. It turned out to be a low-grade cancer that luckily hadn't spread. Yes, Dr. Dalton can be short times but that's because he's one of the best and has other patients to see. He'd be wasting his time shooting the breeze with me, especially after he's given out all pertinent information. And he obviously cares about his patients. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

My referral to Dr. Dalton came via a courtesy from Directors, at a neighboring, Nationally Ranked Hospital Network. That fact alone, should be, enough said. He is professional. Prepare yourself to hear black and white. He offers a personable side when appropriate. His affiliation is a teaching hospital, expect to meet his team of Residents/Students from consult thru post-op. You are not his only patient. One man can't be everywhere. Experience allows him to manage care through teamwork. His team are proteges of his expertise. They were an awesome substitute for his presence; you see them often & timely, as he runs a tight ship. He offered me options. I choose his recommendation. More invasive, higher risk procedure, partial open nephrectomy. Surgery was successful; he captured the entire mass by removing 1/3 of my kidney. The biopsy was malignant. He prepared me for that. Recovery sucked, he told me it would. I was lucky to be sent his direction. He can only help you.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

Dr. Dalton seems very knowledgeable and skillful. My TURP surgery went very well, the most important part of my encounter. However, he was difficult to make an appointment with (two were cancelled) and ALWAYS seemed in a hurry during office visits.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. Daniel Dalton is a great urologist. He is wise, efficient and gets the job done. He has a keen wit and a warm, friendly manner. I highly recommend him. McCarthy

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

I think Dr Dalton is funny and probably a very good surgeon, but I don't think that makes him a good doctor. If I may explain, part of being a good doctor is truly listening to your patients. He often rushes his patients without listening and is arrogant. He is so confident in his ability as a surgeon that he doesn't truly listen to the individual needs of his patients. He seems to want to recommend surgery or a diagnostic procedure far too often than needed. While I think he has some admirable traits, I wish he would come back down to earth (typical overly-confident surgeon), and truly use those gifts to work with his patients (every patient will have different needs). I have also heard the same sentiments from 3 other people whom I have met who used to go to this office. As another reviewer noted, walking in with a resident without asking the patients permission is rude. I personally wouldn't mind but we all are different and he must respect the different needs of patients.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Dr. Dalton & staff are wonderful. Has a great sense of humor to make you relaxed. He brought in a resident on 1 visit..no problem and he was a male doctor. If you don't let the residents in, how are they going to learn.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Great doctor and fine person. very knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2010

This doctor saved my life twice! He has a wonderful bedside manner. Super smart and a steady hand!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2009

I came there with a really bad prostate infection. It is my opinoin this was one of the rudest doctors imaginable. Walks in with a female assistant, and dicates that "She will be joining us, and I am sure that is NOT going to be a problem". I kicked her out, and should have left at that point, because it is my opinoin that the confrontation impacted my medical care. I complained to my primary care guy, and went to other times on his advice. End of the third, I found Dr. Dalton so rude, that I fired my Primary care guy because he sent me to this individual. Again, in my opinoin, the bedside manner was rude, and the care I received was less than average.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Daniel P. Dalton's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1983)

MVP Health