Ratings for Dr. Vanessa Krause

Dr Krause and her team have given me exceptional care. I have been a patient in her practice for several years, with stage 4 breast cancer. She is compassionate and kind, honest but hopeful. Her clinics are incredibly busy - our doctors are far too heavily booked, and the whole team at Tom Baker are doing the best that they can to provide patients with good care with limited space and heavy workloads. Yes, I often have to wait to be seen - but I don't mind waiting because I understand Dr Krause gives each of her patients the time that they need. She has always answered my questions fully, and addressed my concerns without being rushed or distracted.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I have stage 4 breast cancer. .I found out because I asked what stage cancer she has been treating me with chemo for. ..three months of chemo and she didn't tell me it was stage 4. ..I don't know what grade or anything. .I was told I was likely to be CURED! Searching on line tonight I found out there is no cure...I don't even have a prognosis! I am more scared with her as my doc than I was three months ago! She is condescending pretends to care but is wasting my time! Bonnie is a terrific nurse...

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

While Dr. Krause in very smart and knowledgable in her field, specifically regarding chemotherapy treatments, and side effects she could develop her bedside manner - specifically in the area of empathy. She needs to remember her patients are in a fight for their life and compassionate caring goes a long way!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I found Dr Krause very friendly and considerate. There are some pretty negative reviews here, but I did not have such an experience--not even close. She seemed very sympathetic and easy going. I thought she had excellent social skills actually. She is the second oncologist I've had, and I like her way more than the last one. I did really like her nurse who really liked a good laugh--they seemed like a really good team. Keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Knowledgeable doctor, but she appears to be oblivious to the fact her patients are quite literally in a life or death battle. The things that come out of her mouth are quite astonishing! She actually told me she had to put down her chocolate bar to come into an exam room to see me! I think she is emotionally bereft and has spent considerable time practicing her "concerned look" in the mirror.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Dr. Krause is very professional, caring, and empathetic.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr. Krause was completely bereft of empathy. My late mother had been told that her pancreatic tumour was inoperable, so was referred to Dr. Krause for chemotherapy. When we met her, Krause said she was not sure she would treat my mother at all, because the benefits of chemo for her particular tumour were marginal. Then she shocked us by saying that her head was not really focused on my mother's case because she (Krause) was leaving for a beach holiday in Mexico the following day and had holiday head. She suggested we make another appointment when she returned from Mexico so that she could decide what, if anything, to do with my mother. The decision not to treat was medically legitimate, but she delivered it in a way that was shockingly casual and callous. Rather than see her again, we requested a referral to Dr. Scot Dowden, who was absolutely wonderful and focused on improving mum's quality of life in the time she had remaining.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Dr Krause was uninformed and unprofessional, overall a terrible experience

Submitted March 2, 2015

If I ever have the mishap of having cancer again, I will insist on NOT having Dr Krause. I was delighted with her nurse, Sally, and the other doctor, Dr Sam, who worked with (or should I say "for") her. Dr Krause was uninformed and unprofessional. She accused me of denying Tamoxifen treatment for my breast cancer even though it was contraindicated with more urgent, life-saving medications. I have to laugh that someone else here noted hearing her complaining about them through the door of her examination room - You are waiting a long time in silence for her to come in and talk to you about a life or death situation you're in, and her demeaning discussions with staff on the other side of the door can't help but be heard. She seemed more concerned with her fashion than with any part of her "job", and I do believe she considers it just a job. I would suggest a career for her not based on dealing with people.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr krause provided my father with a hope for his stage 4 lung cancer. I found dr krause to be compassionate and a blessing during a very hard fight. She took the time to answerour questions and never lead us in the wrong direction. Norm trusted her with his care and I can't thank her enough. She in our darkest time just hugged my mom and knew our pain. Seeing the effects of cancer is not something I would want to repeat but if I did I would want dr krause by my side :)

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012