Ratings for Dr. Vanessa Krause

Makes mistakes, so make sure you get copies of all letters and results.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Repeatedly not scheduled follow up appointments, not sent forms to insurance company, late, just rushes you out the door. Will not collaborate with other specialists. Ask for a different oncologist...I did.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

I have been under the care of Dr Krause for the last several months for colon cancer. I think she has been fantastic. Running late at the Cancer Clinic is not her fault as patients are booked every 10 minutes as per Cancer Clinic protocol and sometimes a patient needs more time. I know that if I needed more time, she'd take the time she needed with me. She is kind, friendly and always ready with a smile. I have found her knowledgeable and helpful during my cancer treatments. I am happy she has been a part of my fight.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

AHS takes patient concerns seriously. If you feel your present oncologist is not concerned about you and you do not trust her, contact the Patient Relations Department, 1-877-957-9771. Tell them your story and ask for a new oncologist. Why? This is your life. I did just that in 2011, and am still here in 2017, against all odds. Also, I have an intelligent concerned oncologist - "someone on my team."

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

Horrible doctor! Will not work with other members of your medical team. Does not listen. Always very late. Wants to get you out the door and do as little as she has to do to help.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Dr. Krause displays no compassion whatsoever. Shes condensending and rude. Should NOT be working in the medical profession.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Dr. Krause is always very, very late, which means that I cannot make other important medical appointments and creates lots of unnecessary stress. She will never apologize for being late...and will never tell patients if she is running late. An hour and a half is very long wait. Other oncologists seem to run on time, but she cannot. She is dismissive of question, waves her hand at you and says, lets just move on, I don't want to talk about that. If you ever try to correct her...she will just skip over it. She does not have the ability to explain things to patients in a way that they can understand, and blames her lack of skill on the patient, when others in the room, also do not understand. She is horrible at collaborating with other doctors and scheduling appointments. Her nurse Bonnie is great..if you are lucky enough to get her...otherwise you will be chasing for weeks to get something done. My radiologist was amazing...and covered off a lot of what Dr. Krause was supposed to do...ordering tests etc. I understand oncologists are busy, but this is a Dr. Krause issue, not just a medical issue. On her no clinic days, also runs really late with no explanation or apology. The Tom Baker has been great...she is competent, but has no communication skills...so if you have questions...you will not get answers...just sound bites repeated over and over.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Dr Krause and her team have given me exceptional care. I have been a patient in her practice for several years, with stage 4 breast cancer. She is compassionate and kind, honest but hopeful. Her clinics are incredibly busy - our doctors are far too heavily booked, and the whole team at Tom Baker are doing the best that they can to provide patients with good care with limited space and heavy workloads. Yes, I often have to wait to be seen - but I don't mind waiting because I understand Dr Krause gives each of her patients the time that they need. She has always answered my questions fully, and addressed my concerns without being rushed or distracted.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I have stage 4 breast cancer. .I found out because I asked what stage cancer she has been treating me with chemo for. ..three months of chemo and she didn't tell me it was stage 4. ..I don't know what grade or anything. .I was told I was likely to be CURED! Searching on line tonight I found out there is no cure...I don't even have a prognosis! I am more scared with her as my doc than I was three months ago! She is condescending pretends to care but is wasting my time! Bonnie is a terrific nurse...

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

While Dr. Krause in very smart and knowledgable in her field, specifically regarding chemotherapy treatments, and side effects she could develop her bedside manner - specifically in the area of empathy. She needs to remember her patients are in a fight for their life and compassionate caring goes a long way!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016