Ratings for Dr. David J. Cziperle

Saw Dr. Cziperle to obtain oncological surgery consult for mother-in-law. Very straightforward, knowledgeable and considerate. Ensured that mom who is hard of hearing could hear all and no one was left out (patient + 5 family members attended). Explained with patience and clarity, the type of mom's lesion and why he was recommending a different specialty and Dr. for best outcome. Answered all questions thoroughly and with good humor. Spelled out options. Could not have been more helpful. Have every confidence in him.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2010

yes, he did fracture two of my ribs but this is an unavoidable outcome when doing a Thorocotomy.He is very skilled and knowledgeable.Very caring and backed by a skilled suport team.My surgery was done at Adventist Lagrange in Feb 2010.He was highly recommended by the LaGrange Oncology associates and yes he is always in a hurry.He specializes in Lung Cancer surgury and works all over the state in many hospitals.Last week he went, by request, to Moline Ill to perform the surgury.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2010

He seems to be always in a hurry and is not a good surgeon, in my opinion. During the thorasic operations in year 2006, he broke three of my left ribs 5th, 6th and 7th but never informed me about the rib fractures or apologized about the fractures. Since that operation, about 2 1/2 years ago, I am always suffering from rib pain. In my opinion, he did a defective operation. Later, when I asked him about getting rid of the rib pain his advise was to go to pain clininc and get the nerves killed which other doctors advised against. So, I am still suffering from pain for the doctors perforemd defective surgery. Also, after operation, when I was recoperating at the Edwards Hospital he never visited me in person but sent his assistants. I strongly feel he is not a good surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

Dr. David J. Cziperle's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

MSP/BC Med