Ratings for Dr. John E. Nathan

DO NOT go to him! I would recommend hinsdale or somewhere else, he put braces on for 3 years and still not happy with how they look ):

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Terrible experience. We had to start our sons orthodontic treatment from the beginning after working with Nathan for 3 years. Not recommended for orthodontics.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I take my 2 1/2 year old to Dr. Nathan and have nothing but positive things to say. The staff is excellent with kids and the office is child friendly,. Dr. Nathan was very patient with my daughter and explained things to her in a way she would understand. I couldn't be happier with my decision to take my daughter to this office.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I saw Dr. Nathan when I was a child and now take my children to him for their pediatric dentistry needs. Times have changed, some of the people have changed ... but Dr. Nathan, his work, his policies, and his expertise have not. He continues to be one of the most sought after experts in the pediatric dentistry field and everything my kids have needed done and the results from doing them have been spot on. We couldn't be happier with the service and support from Dr. Nathan and his staff! Contrary to some of the ratings below, I would recommend him to anyone for a straight forward, pediatric dental opinion.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr. Nathan is a very nice man but missed decay on my 15 year old son. my son needed a root canal and post because Dr. Nathan did not take regular x rays to find very large cavity in his back molar. Actually 4 years without x rays. I was very disappointed went to him for 10 years but never again.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

After paying Dr Nathan $150 to tell us that everything was fine with my daughter's teeth at a checkup we discovered (after visiting another dentist 2 weeks later) that he missed significant decay in one molar and that multiple fillings he performed were too superficial and were causing staining on several other teeth. Very disappointing! Nice man, but not very perceptive dentist...

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

The staff is excellent. The office is very nice and has a very nice waiting area with interesting toys for the kids to play with. The staff is punctual and kind. Dr. Nathan is good with children from what I could tell during our first two visits with my 4 year old. However we have not had any work done (yet). He was only in for checkups. Dr. Nathan seems patient and understanding. I am satisfied with this practice.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Wow I had a completely different experience than the first rater. it took well over an hour to get xrays alone from my exceptionally nervous 4 year-old. Dr. Nathan was encouraging and patient, reassuring her the whole time. In the end our issue required dental surgery and Dr. Nathan's office was beyond helpful in navigating the complicated world of out-patient dental surgery from surgical centers and insurance to out of pocket costs and anesthesia. The were flexible, accomodating and caring. Dr. Nathan will be our dentist until my kids are too big to fit in a chair!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

This dentist is listed as a pediatric dentist however he does not have the patience required to work with children. If you child reacts in the slightest to a needle Dr. Nathan immediately profess how he is not going to use force and explains that you the parent must reason with your child or he will not proceed. I would never suggest force on my child but I would think that a trained pediatric dentist would have several techniques to make a nervous child comfortable with a dental procedure. What child willingly invites a needle into their mouth? My son and I had to leave the office because I felt as if this dentist believes it is the parent's responsibility to make the child feel comfortable with the process. Funny because I thought that was the dentist’s responsibility. TERRIBLE experience!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009