Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Batler

I've been a patient of Dr. Batler's for a few years. In my case, he's been great at finding safe, minimally-invasive treatments and supporting me through them. He's always punctual and friendly. He points out that even though we're a team, I'm in charge and he works for me. I love that respect.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Stay away from this doctor if you have IC, a urostomy, etc. This person is NOT a female-friendly doctor. The reason I rated him poorly was terrible manners, lack of interest and denied me a letter to excuse me from jury duty - I have a urostomy and he knows (or should) the bag can only hold so much and then there is a mess.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2010

Dr. Batler seemed to be in a hurry, didn't spend the time to understand, or to address a complicated problem.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

Very friendly and approachable. Went out of his way to make me comfortable and help relieve my anxieties about office visits, procedures, treatments, and my condition in general. Every time I lost hope or thought I couldn't handle something he found a way to work with me and help using his knowledge of both my condition and me as a person. As a result of prior bad experiences with doctors, I had not seen any type of doctor in years. Dr. Batler has completely changed my impression of doctors. Because of him I am getting over my condition and my fears and have started going to doctors again. I can't thank him enough and would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

Great bedside manner ... very smart and a good communicator. I would strongly recommend Dr Batler. Thanks for all your comfort snd wisdom!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

I had a very bad experience with this Dr. He did not seem to know what to do about my problem or how to find out what to do. He kept saying "I don't know what the problem is. Just come back in 6 weeks and we'll see if it's better". Finally he said well maybe surgery would help but he didn't know for sure. My problem was that I kept going and agreed to the surgery. What a mess. I wound up in the emergency room a week later and had to go in and have the surgery done again to clean up the mess. After all this I still had the same problem. Didn't and won't go back to this guy.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

Dr. Robert A. Batler's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1997)