Ratings for Dr. Stanley M. Shapiro

Luckily for me Dr. Shapiro refused to let me leave after 2 days of tests at the RRMC Hospital despite the facts that I am 48, fit, wanted to go, I was feeling OK and other physicians were telling me I was probaly alright. Dr Shapiro had a slight concern with my BP and did not want me to be the 1 in a 100 that could pay the price for carelessness. After 1 more test, which he had to push the Insurance to pay for, to my shock, a blockage was found and it turned out I needed quadruple bypass to fix it. I owe him my life. His dilligence and concern were exemplary and made all the difference. Without him I may not be here today. Thanks Dr.!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

Dr. Shapiro is arrogant and neglectful. He treated my elderly mother like a hypochondriac, telling her there was nothing wrong with her heart. A week after moving to a new state, she collapsed and was seen by a team of doctors who discovered she had a 90% blockage in her front artery, a blockage Dr. Shapiro indicated was all in her head. Had she stayed with him as a doc, and he continued to ignore it, she would have been dead last year. She filed a complaint, with evidence, and the state of VT decided in Shapiro's favor and also would not even allow that there had been a complaint filed against him in his file. If you're elderly, my advice is to find out his ratio of patients lost to saved by him before you become a patient.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Dr. Stanley M. Shapiro's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)