Ratings for Dr. Runas Powers

Dr. Powers is too old to be practicing. I have never waited less than 4 hours in his office. The longest was 6 1/2 hours. Had 930 appt and left at 4. I believe he is knowledgeable and I believe he is a good person, but organizational skills and memory issues a problem. He asks questions and interrupts mid sentence and never hears any answers to questions. After trying to get help for several weeks I ended up in the hospital needing a blood transfusion. Dr. Powers was suppose to call me on the evening I went to dr to see about getting transfusion. I did not hear back for 5 days. He went on vacation and has no answering service or answering machine. Patients have no way to contact him outside of normal hours. I finally went to a hematologist and she put me in the hospital as a direct admit. Will never go back to Dr. Powers.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Worst doctor ever. Too old to be practicing. Recently diagnosed with a disease that has left me knowcked down, I am a nornally easygoing happy peppy person. He refused to take my referring physciains bloodwork , xrays , made me start all over after waiting 8 weeks to see him. Then ordered thousands in tests, only to reconfirm my illness and then put me off of treatment for another month saying go home and pray.Terrible. I did go home and pray and GOD told me do not go back to this doctor. DO not go here!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Best of the best! Dr. Powers’ specialties are Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. He is great for diagnosis, treatment and is definitely research oriented. He is also a compassionate doctor with an excellent bedside manner. I have a 20 year medical history with Dr. Powers, and I know many who are living and functional because of his expertise. He is truly interested in his patients' health and welfare. If he doesn't know the answer, he will be the first to refer you to someone who can give you the answer when some doctors are reluctant to do this, possibly thinking referrals are an insult to their ability. His staff is extremely kind and helpful, including his wife who is an extremely efficient and knowledgeable RN. Dr. Powers is known for treatment of acute and chronic conditions; he has built the best of reputations and many far and near seek his medical wisdom and opinions. I give Dr. Runas Powers the highest of recommendations!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Dr. Runas Powers's Credentials

• Stanford University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1966)

Top Hospitals in Alexander City, AL