Ratings for Dr. Diane Polly

I would like to speak on a more professional level than the one on one experiences expressed by the prev comments. As a home care Nurse, I appreciate being able to contact an MD when things are needed for my patients. I have heard amazing comments regarding Dr.Polly's professionalism and dedication by my patients. Thank you Dr. Polly, your services are appreciated here in Cornwall.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I had a horrible experience with this doctor.She's rude and doesn't seem to care about her patients.I went in with terrible back pain and it was 3 am so she asked me why I would come to the hospital at that time and I said I cant sleep from all this pain.When I was triaged they took a urine sample and thank goodness they did because I had a bladder infection.She said she's not even going to treat it so I started crying and she looked as though I was wasting her time.I ended up going back the next morning and I had a bad kidney infection and I was put on intravenous with dilaudid . All I can say is that I will refuse to have her look at me ever again.She's rude and frankly a useless doctor.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I saw this Dr. At the emergency room in Alexandria. She was very unprofessional and acted like we were bothering her. God forbid you have to examine a patient and look after them. She was rude, acted snotty and should consider a different career choice. I have had the misfortune of having this quack examine me on more than one occasion and she is very rude, unprofessional, and has a very poor bedside manner. She treated me very coldly and she dismissed me like my concerns didn't matter. Next time I see her name on my chart I will leave and visit the walk in clinic that I am part of. Time to retire and ride your broom around elsewhere. I can clearly see by this website that I am not the only one who thinks she shouldn't be a doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Found her to be professional and respectful. Took the time to personally discuss my condition even though the waiting room was full. Did all the appropriate tests in a timely manner. Referred me to a specialist who I hope to see soon. Even though I still don't have a complete diagnosis I left the E.R feeling she had done everything she could to help me.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

I had a very bad experience and I will not ever let her treat me again.She is extremely rude and has absolutely no knowledge of how painful a kidney infection can be.She is not a good Dr.Cornwall needs to get rid of her.Shes useless.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I'm a 69 year old lady who went to Emergency for shortness of breath and high by...I don't have a family doctor...I wanted my turn for 7 hours which was fine but then I got her...she is gruff...and I felt like a ten year old...I was being scolded for being there. Tears rolling down my face I said I don't want to be here...the walkin was closed this afternoon...she has absolutely no compassion...I wanted to tell her to find a job she liked. I will never see her again...

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

I had taken my daughter into emergency because of spiking high fevers. Dr Polly came in and looked at my daughter, I explained she was complaining of her throat and that she had a history of tonsilitis/strep throat. She looked at me said you are over reacting she is fighting a cold. Call your family doctor in the next 2 days. Called her pediatrician in the morning. My daughter was severely ill with influenza. And was hospitalized for a week. Will refuse to see this doctor in the future.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

After taking a fall on a Sunday morning in January and injuring my left shoulder, I attended the ER. Dr Poilly had ex ray done, the only right thing she did. She have me a prescription for anti inflammatory, & a note to return to work on Monday. I didn't return to work on Monday, and after a couple of days I contacted Carleton Sport Medicine. A week later met with a doctor & after examining my shoulder told me I probably torn my rotator cuff & would require surgery. The result of the ultrasound back up the doctor diagnosis, and indicated that I torn 3 of 4 tendons in the rotator cuff, 2 completely & 1 partial. Already had surgery to repair the tears, will be out of work for months. She miss the diagnosis big time, stop pushing the drugs & started listening to the patient.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Poilly walked in the room, saw that my child had an infected ingrown toenail and said "I don't do well with feet, I'll recommend an appointment with a surgeon...go and get some bleach and soak it in bleach and water 4 times a day". She then wrote a prescription for antibiotics without asking if my child had any allergies and left the room. The next day, my daughter was seen by her GP, who treated the nail, said to never use bleach on the foot (not to mention that the "dr" did not give a ratio of bleach to water for the solution to soak. Sloppy, and careless work. And she will bill for that visit. I am filing a complaint with the college of physicians and surgeons. Cornwall Community Hospital needs to get rid of her.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

She was very rude. I had gone to emergency day before because I had broken and crushed a finger at work. I went back next day because it was burning and still bleeding. I waited 4 hours and when Dr Poilly finally came in. She asked me what the problem was and I told her. So she took the dressing off and the splint that had been put on and threw it in the garbage. Proceeding to say everything that had been done day before was not needed. She told me to bend my finger and when I said I can't. She said why not. She left the room and I waited another 20 minutes and then a nurse came in and said she was there to redress my finger. Needless to say it was a useless trip.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013