Ratings for Dr. Alan G. Stern

I've been a patient for a couple of years now, and Dr. Stern is very personable, and had gotten me more answers about my health than I had 10 years prior. Treatment has been kinda hit or miss, not his fault but as is the nature of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia, both of which he discusses with me each visit. He suggests many well rounded ideas like diet and medication, even physical therapy if it could help. I will say this. His front desk staff are great but his nurse is awful. She talks down to patients and implies that hiccups in the system (refills etc) are all the patients fault when it's clearly not the case. She's rude and gruff and acts like a bulldog in terms of getting your actual concern to Dr Stern between appointments. I stay with Stern because I like and value him, and as a doctor I recommend him. Just do not let his nurse push you around.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr. Alan Stern is a very caring, knowledgeable doctor with a very good bedside manner!! However, his staff, especially his patient service representatives, are very rude!! I would not recommend Dr. Alan Stern based solely on his rude staff!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Excellent doc, takes time to understand the problem, knowledgeable, easy to access. Sensitive and caring with patients.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

Dr. Alan G. Stern's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1997)