Ratings for Dr. William G. Gutheim

My friend was having treatment for severe edema and CHF in hospital. They were assigned to Dr. Gutheim, who was overseeing their dialysis. After several visits, they were having trouble communicating with Dr. Gutheim, and caually asked if there was another Dr available who could answer their questions. Dr. Gutheim took this personally, and stopped all treatments, told everyone in the hospital that my friend refused treatment, and didn't want anything done. My friend was literally thrown out of the hospital in still-critical conditions, because Dr. Gutheim had a tantrum or ego fit!!! My friend tried everything short of bribery to stay and get treatment, but they were blacklisted by Dr. Gutheim. I advise people not to risk it with this Dr. Gutheim, unless you have other options.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Me Again. I continue to see this Doctor and still have the highest esteem for his skills and bedside manner. He is the best doctor I have been associated with over 68 years.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Have benefited from this Doctor for 2 years now. He accepted me as a patient when my kidneys were functioning at 15%. They now function at 28%. He has kept me off dialysis. His patient awareness and mannerisms are top notch. He has given me new life through his knowledge and willingness to treat each patient as a new case (not particularly treated by the book) and not as a "rubber stamped" body walking through his door.HE CARES and shows it, not like a lot of other doctors I have experienced over 66 years. FULLY RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR. I AM PROUD TO BE UNDER HIS CARE.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2010

Dr. William G. Gutheim's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Multiplan