Ratings for Dr. Philip A. Young

Please save your face and go elsewhere. He is a terrible doctor. Some of his patients are on realself, one lady lost her nose to an infection he caused, another had gaping holes left from chin implant. He should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

Please do your research on this doctor before you even consider him. Go to the WA State Health Dept. site and see he is on probation. These are only the cases of people who came forward. Please learn from my mistake of trusting him. Go to the best only. dont try to save money on your face. You do get what you pay for there is a reason he is the "cheapest", you will be out your original money, plus the cost of time and suffering and the revision you will need to pay another Doctor to fix if they can. I could go on and talk about infection rates, etc. but I hope this saves at least one more person from suffering.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

This guy is a butcher. I was in the Face to Face program which helps domestic violence victims repair damages done to them by their perpetrators. Rather than repair, he EXPERIMENTED on me leaving my face more damaged. He did a laser procedure without certification...and without the necessary skin preparation before the procedure. I was BURNED and carry those scars now, which made me even MORE damaged, physically and psychologically, than I was before. All the while, be used me to promote himself in various medias. When I wanted him to pay for the necessary treatment of the damages HE CAUSED but with another, more capable physician, I suddenly didn't exist. Don't let the charm fool you. He's a quack.

Submitted February 26, 2016

He is the worst sourgen I have ever seen for rhinoplsty he lied on me he made me poly peek nose he just sells his ideas and he doesn't care about you or about your needs he cares about money that's all . If You want an honest, professional, experienced surgeon when going in for plastic surgery he is not that surgeon , he makes promises that he can't keep.

Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Philip A. Young's response
I was surprised to read the above comments. I care a great deal about my patients, and want what is best for them. My goal is to deliver the aesthetic results my patients desire, and I am able to do so in an overwhelming majority of the cases. With that said, I know that I am not perfect - no surgeon is. If a patient reports a concern, or is unsatisfied with their surgical results, I work with them to develop a secondary treatment plan, as necessary - and often waive my professional fee for secondary procedures. I am certainly sympathetic to the issue you report in your review. However, no patient seen at our practice has presented with a polly beak deformity. Regardless, I would welcome the opportunity to address your concern. Unfortunately, I am at a disadvantage, as I cannot identify who you are. As such, I encourage you to contact my office, so we can discuss your condition in full. I would be glad to find a solution to any perceived problem. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

Submitted January 20, 2015

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Dr. Philip Young preformed an otoplasty on my 1.25" stretched earlobes in 2011. I researched several other plastic surgeons. The other surgeons I researched or discussed the procedure with either hadn't preformed the surgery and theorized methodologies on how to preform it or they had preformed it, but on a much smaller scale. Dr. Young was confident and had documentation illustrating the outcome of similar otoplasties. The themes of every pre op conversation included balancing my face, achieving natural looking lobes, and determining how much earlobe tissue would be actually be available for reconstruction. Three years after the procedure Dr. Young contacted me to ensure that my scarring was minimal. Scarring was/is minimal yet he insisted on lasering the areas. He wanted me to look the best I possibly could. Dr. Young has also done Botox and microderm for me. I continue to go to him for Botox.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

BEFORE seeing Dr. Young, I saw a number of physicians who were unskilled and could not speak intelligently to the problems I addressed. I spent money out of my own pocket to see Dr. Young in order to NOT make the same mistake of seeing someone affiliated with an organization. Because I went to a private practice there was no pressure for unnecessary charges that a facility “requires” in order to maximize billing to insurance. You pay more money but you get what you pay for. WHEN I met Dr. Young I instantly could tell the DIFFERENCE between him and other providers. I am VERY HAPPY with the outcome of my procedure. I have HEALED remarkably and also learned more about patient care when I am the patient. Paying out of pocket was WORTH the cost. If I had NOT seen Dr. Young, I could have ended up with major scarring from old techniques recommended by OTHER physicians. I am more than happy to put my credentials down as an advocate on behalf of Dr. Young as a talented surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

My experience with Dr. Young was outstanding. He has excellent bedside manner, listened carefully to all of my concerns, and set realistic expectations for me. I felt safe and comfortable before and after my procedure, and was thrilled with my results. I am extremely satisfied with the entire process.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

In trying to have my deformed ears corrected, after numerous surgeries I had ears that were just deformed in a different way! Every surgeon I talked to said nothing more could be done. Then I discovered Dr. Young. He knew about MedPor implants that he could implant to bring my ears away from my head. They now look just like I wanted! He also was able to correct a scar contracture by tissue grafting, something the other surgeons were sure could never be done because there wasn't enough tissue left. But Dr. Young did it! He is on the cutting edge of plastic surgery techniques; he is able to manipulate tissue in ways other surgeons wouldn't even think of. His skill and results are incredible. To me he'a a miracle worker. I can't thank him enough. He is not only incredibly skilled, he's also wonderfully patient and tireless in his pursuit of giving his patient the results he or she wants. He's the best!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

Dr.Philip Young is a professional, indeed! From the start what impressed upon me is his thorough approach and the desire to do what is best for me. His observations are extensive, and he does not rush! Thank you! I find Dr. Philip Young and staff coming from a place of wanting the best for you as a patient. After the incisionless facelift was completed, Dr. Young assured me that he will be watching and tending to me carefully. And he kept his word! I like that. You will too. I would not have had this treatment any other way. Give the good Dr. a call. PS., I didn't come out looking funny. It's natural.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Dr. Philip A. Young's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Please save your face and go elsewhere. He is a terrible doctor. Some of his patients are on realself, one lady lost her nose to an infection he caused, another..."

May 22, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Please do your research on this doctor before you even consider him. Go to the WA State Health Dept. site and see he is on probation. These are only the cas..."

April 27, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "This guy is a butcher. I was in the Face to Face program which helps domestic violence victims repair damages done to them by their perpetrators. Rather than re..."

February 26, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I read Dr. Young's response in disgust. I had a face lift and fat transfer with this arrogant, incompetent, mercenary individual. The first issue was he damaged..."

December 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is a hater look at his website he scooped the nasal bridge overly cut the columella to make it retracted shorten the nose and pinch the tip to give everybody..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I do not recommend Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery. Dr. Philip Young operated on my wife’s nose in February 2013. Soon after, her nose became badly infected f..."

June 19, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drphilipyoung.com" to "http://www.drphilipyoung.com/". Address has been updated from "None" to "1810 116th Avenue Northeast". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14259903223".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Beware of Philip Young! Please check his credential on Washington State Department of Health website -- his medical license is pending to be REVOKED due to so m..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is the worst sourgen I have ever seen for rhinoplsty he lied on me he made me poly peek nose he just sells his ideas and he doesn't care about you or about ..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Please Please!!! DO NOT LET THIS QUACK NEAR YOU!! He has ruined my face. I suffered a left sided facial paralysis, lasting many , many months as a result of hi..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had great results with Dr. Young's Vitalizer. It made my face look younger and prettier."

October 3, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

February 18, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Philip" to "Philip A."

April 8, 2012