You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Alexandru C. Barboi

Dr. Barboi is STELLAR! It was well worth the wait to get in to see him. He gets to the bottom of what the problem is, takes the time, answers all questions and is compassionate! He's at NorthShore in Northbrook IL. now and would follow him anywhere.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Barboi is absolutely AMAZING! By far... the BEST OF THE BEST! I've been seeing him over 10+ years and is nothing less than OUTSTANDING! I've followed him from Milwaukee to the Chicago area and would follow him anywhere! He was the first Neurologist/MD to give my diagnosis a name, figure it out and be thorough with taking the time needed, through the years and entire process. He's nothing shore than stellar in every way.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Although it took months to get in to see him, it was well worth the wait. He confirmed that it wasn't all "in my head". He took his time and explained in detail about dysautonomia. This was in Milwaukee. When I next saw him, 3 years later in Chicago, he remembered me. Most impressive. By that time I had moved to Kentucky, but drove back up to Chicago just to see him. He is a knowledgeable, caring and pleasant doctor. I should mention also that his assistant that runs the test was also pleasant, caring and patient. She put me at ease, at least as much as you can be, during the long, sometimes uncomfortable, testing.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

He as the first Dr to actually diagnose me correctly, I trust his large fund of knowledge and won't ever need another neurologist! Took years to get my diagnosis and now my issues in life finally make sense. Huge lifesaver.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Haven't received much of any help. Doesn't seem to want to treat me for my diagnosis.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

If it wasn't for Dr. Barboi my mother wouldn't be alive today. His knowledge with gillianbauer syndrom saved her life.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Dr. Barboi has probably helped saved my life! One of the best there is! His knowledge, care and desire to help is excellent!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

I can't say enough about Dr Barboi! Absolutely awesome! Treats me like I matter! He researches until he finds out what he needs to know. Very caring and helpful! One of a kind! I recommend him! He's not affraid to look beyond the text book!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

This doctor really cares about helping his patients. I have been to several different docs and he was the only one who has truly helped me. He listens well, explains everything and actually takes notes during the examination! He is very smart, but if he needs to seek help from his collegues....he will. He doesn't have the high and mighty attitude most doctors have. I like him and would recommend him to anyone needing a good neurologist.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

Dr. Alexandru C. Barboi's Credentials

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Barboi is STELLAR! It was well worth the wait to get in to see him. He gets to the bottom of what the problem is, takes the time, answers all questions and ..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Barboi is absolutely AMAZING! By far... the BEST OF THE BEST! I've been seeing him over 10+ years and is nothing less than OUTSTANDING! I've followed him fr..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "By far one of the best, caring most professional physicians I have ever dealt with!"

October 13, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Although it took months to get in to see him, it was well worth the wait. He confirmed that it wasn't all "in my head". He took his time and explained in detai..."

September 13, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=891059'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 6, 2014
  • First Name changed from &quot;Alexandru&quot; to &quot;Alexandru C.&quot;

October 20, 2013
  • First Name changed from &quot;Alexandr&quot; to &quot;Alexandru&quot;

• First Name changed from &quot;Alexander&quot; to &quot;Alexandr&quot;

August 1, 2013
  • City changed from &quot;Milwaukee&quot; to &quot;Chicago&quot;, State changed from &quot;WI&quot; to &quot;IL&quot;