Ratings for Dr. Nardia Strydom

Nardia has been my family doctor for many years. She is very personable, knowledgeable and experienced. Her punctuality could be better, sometimes I've waited 2 hours for my appointment to then have a fairly rushed appointment. If there is an issue she gives you the time and attention required, but if there isn't then she kind of rushes you out (fair enough). Also, not Nardia's fault at all, but a few of the medical office staff there are shockingly rude!! However, it doesn't compromise the care so I deal with it.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

I have been seeing Nardia for a few years. She has helped me through several pregnancies and 'gets it'. She gives me practical advice and helps me realize when I am being overly anxious in a very kind way (i.e. she acknowledges that it is normal). She is caring and helpful but every so often I do feel like things are a bit rushed - this usually only happens when I go in and everything is great so in reality, there is no reason to not to get in and get out. If there is an issue, she does take extra time so I appreciate that. I do have to say that she is often running late but if you call a half hour before your appointment the staff will give you an indication of that before you go there.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Unhelpful, lazy, and condescending. One of those doctors who assumes if you are overweight, the solution to your problem is simply modifications to diet/exercise. I went to her a few years back with a concern about my digestive system (an ongoing problem I have been experiencing or years). She did not ask about my family history, ask for details about my symptoms, send me for testing, or anything at all. In fact the response she gave me after a few minutes of typing on her computer was essentially "I think it's just one of those things". She actually turned me off from going to see doctors at all for a long time. Thankfully I have a new doctor now who is about a million times better, who sent me for testing, prescribed medication, and referred me to a specialist - Oh, and who doesn't make you wait an hour in their waiting room only to give you a half-assed response.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

i just love her she is so nice and pleasant and good listener *****

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr. Strydom delivered my son at the Children's Hospital in 2005. She was wise, humane, compassionate, sharp as a tack, and made the whole experience wonderful. Seriously, she was awesome and I'd choose her again in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Always late - often more than an hour, then often ends up being a locum instead. Front staff always snappy, rushed and cold. It seems okay to the staff at the clinic to over-book and have patients sit and wait an hour or two... but if we need to reschedule we are charged for it. Difficult to give up 2 to 3 hours of a work day ( on top of commuting to the office) for a prescription refill appt. Always a stressful day when having to visit this office. Nardia used to be more compassionate and the staff helpful. It has really changed over the years and not in a good way. I think the staff needs to do a better job of scheduling, learn to smile once in a while and not keep people waiting so long and remember without patients they do not have a job.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Why do people waste their time posting on sites like this. Nardia is amazing. If you don't like her, you are just a tard. GET A LIFE PEOPLE.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Wonderful. Knowledgeable. Passionate. If you really need help, she is there for that. Excellent in communication. Will not miss important things. Seems that she's not worried at all, but will always provide best next steps and if necessary will send referral without hesitations.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr Strydom is my favorite person, and has always given me the most professional help, as well as counseling when needed. She may not be punctual all the time, but that is because she does take time with her patients, when it is needed. When i was in chronic pain from injury, it was with her guidance and support that i got the help i needed. i cannot ever see her as being cold or uncaring or rude. this is not in her nature.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I first met Dr. Strydom at VGH when I delivered my first child. She was extremely competent, calm and reassuring. I had such a great experience with her, and continued to see her during my second pregnancy. She is an amazing doctor, knowledgeable and caring. She made me feel assured in her abilities to care for me and my family.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015