Ratings for Dr. YOLANDA P. Gomez

My experience with Dr. Gomez has not been a positive one. She ordered a blood test she knew my insurance would not cover and then wanted to charge me $50.00 to fill out the insurance form stating why she ordered the test.She refused to give me more than 3 months refill at a time for prescriptions I had been on for years. Plan on waiting an 30-60 minutes for each appointment...

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Too many billing errors, over charging, setting additional appointments to give clear test results but still charge for additional appointment, rude office staff. Too many other great doctors to waste your time here.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Dr Gomez is very thorough. I just complained of tiredness but she did detailed testing and was able to diagnose my condition.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

I agree with the previous rating.This Dr. charges $50 for a report. since when do you have to pay for a report this is a Dr.who has obligations to her patients. she also wont talk to patients on the phone unless the person at the desk charges the credit card first. It is my opinion she definately is in it to make a buck more than help her patients. Her cell also phone rings during an appointment, Dave does talk too much. I definately would not recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I haven't had any of the problems others mention. Nice new office. Almost no wait to see her. She is friendly and informative and treated me like an intelligent adult, no talking down to me like so many Dr.s. Dave talks too much for my taste, but others probably just think he is super friendly.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

I visited the office in 2011 and had the same result as a former review...wish I read this review prior to going. I went there for my annual women’s exam (papsmear and mammogram recommendation as I knew my insurance covered and I am new to the area). I was warned if I needed an extra consult she would charge me for another appointment. She ran about 45 minutes late. She found a lump in my breast so sent me for a mammogram that I asked for to begin with. The mammogram came back clear. My insurance had issues with her coding and she refused to change the coding so in the end owe over $250 based on her coding and Dave is zero help. I’m on a PPO, so the referral was pointless. I don’t recommend anyone going here as it's just added stress to any health issue one may be having. Please don't go to this practice what a bunch of stress for me and my family.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

Though this doctor seems very knowledgeable, she will do anything to make an extra buck. I went there for my annual women’s exam (papsmear). She charged me for two appointments; one for the exam and the other for asking questions. She found a lump in my breast so sent me for a mammogram. The mammogram came back clear. She had her assistant, Dave, call me to give me the good results; however, he said I need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gomez AGAIN so that we could schedule an MRI to assure there is no lump. Why couldn’t they just send me to get the MRI? More money is my best guess. I also had an abnormal papsmear. They made me pay my co-pay to find out those results only to refer me to another doctor. After my one hour wait for my “result” appointment, she spent less then 5 minutes with me JUST to give me someone else’s business card. I’m on a PPO, so the referral was pointless. I don’t recommend anyone going here as it's just added stress to any health issue one may be having.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

Dr. Gomez is very professional, caring and intuitive. Considers all possibilities of care, is considerate of cost factor. Convenience of labwork, xrays, etc. right in her office. Great bedside manner. Excellent follow through.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

Dr. YOLANDA P. Gomez's Credentials

• Spanish

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1983)

Unicare