Ratings for Dr. Derek (Duke) Thomas

I have a lot of respect for Doctor Duke , he helped me and my husband's surgery very well five stars definitely ,,*****

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I'm about to have my third surgery and Dr. Duke did them all I have degenerative disc disease this guy was made to be a surgeon he is the best hands down he might be hurried but he has a full workload like most of us Dr's are no different this guy will help you and Lori is wonderful.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Mr Thomas operated on my back , when I came out of recovery my pain was gone . Very professional and he takes the time to listen to his patients. He is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Dr,duke Thomas did my neck and back and he did a great job and I still go too him becouse I have alot of problems with my legs but I'm 51 years old and I have Lupus and I have alot of stuff going on in my body that man has a smile on his face even when he probably don't even want to smile but he's a good doctor his patients always come first,

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Staff demeaning, called honey twice. Look at my paperwork to get my name right. Saw him for less than 8 minutes. His immediate recommendation was surgery. I'll go elsewhere. Was in exam room at 10 a.m. completely out of the office at 10:11 a.m.

Submitted August 31, 2016

Great knowledge base. I had seen a lot of doctor's trying to find out the cause of my leg pain and he figured it out in 10 minutes, it was a blood flow issue and everyone else was focusing on my back.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Dr. Thomas is a Very caring Doctor. He puts me mind of a old school Physician. That's hard to find these day's.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Dr.Duke Thomas is an amazing doc as well as his head nurse Lori they are always willing to listen and help you asap i will go know where else but to them.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

I felt rushed the entire appointment. I was actually surprised how I was whisked back for 2 X Rays then taking to a room. I had not even finished filling out my paperwork yet, including the worksheet describing my injury and subsequent pain. My chief complaint was low back pain and worsening hip pain after 2 brutal falls snowboarding. I had not seen a doctor but the pain had just reached an all-time high so I decided to see a doctor. Dr. Thomas was in a hurry, only looked at my X Rays, and proceeded to ask me what kind of work I did. He said my pain was from sitting at a desk all day. I've had a desk job since 2001 and only since the fall have I ever felt this much pain. He didn't even address my hip pain and simply ordered 8 sessions of PT and offered me no return appointment, only if the PT didn't work. He seemed to be in too big a hurry to spend any time with me. My visit with him lasted FIVE minutes.

Submitted February 15, 2013

Dr. Thomas was the ONLY doctor in my area who had the guts to perform my surgery (fusion). e explained everything thoroughly, answered all questions, performed surgery and post-surgery checked up on me regularly. His staff is fantastic, especially Lori, his clinical asst., who helped with my medications and listened sympathetically when I was in recovery stage. I recommend Dr. Thomas whole-heartedly and without reservation.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

Dr. Derek (Duke) Thomas's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)