Ratings for Dr. Richard W. Urbanek

The office is now under new management. Nasty and rude receptionist is no longer there. The place has been completely renovated. I was very pleased with nice attitudes of staff and waited only 10 minutes to be seen. I have seen Dr Urbanek for years. He is an absolutely brilliant doctor. He is honest, kind, and meticulous in his procedures. I had a surgical removal of a mole - no scar is seen at all on my chest. But he has no people skills. I chose to look past that because he is such a good doctor. I also had to endure some rudeness from a receptionist (she is now gone). But now a new dermatology company is in charge of management: receptionists are nice, the assistants are pleasant. This is much better and I would highly recommend the office and the doctor

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

The worst experience since the office changed ownership. Rude isn't even the word by a person named Kizzie. After waiting weeks for a phone call instead of politeness or even an apology was told what should she do about it! As a healthcare professional I can't even imagine speaking to a patient like this! Never going back there again!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

RUDE. I had my prescription medication stolen on vacation, this office REFUSED to provide me with a prescription so I could purchase this medication that I use every day. They have also REFUSED to provide me with a doctor's note indicating I must use a medication they provided, and instead my medication was taken away at the airport because it was over three ounces.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

All the previous comments are 100% true. This doctor seems mentally unstable. He has absolutely NO bedside manner. When he comes in, he immediately starts blathering to his assistant and never looks you straight in the eye. He rambles in medical terminology I'm only able to understand because my profession is in the medical field. If you have no background in medicine, you're going to be lost because he explains nothing and suddenly starts prescribing things without explaining what his goal or plan for you is. I went to him for help because I felt my hair may have been changing. As a woman, this is something I'm self conscious about and all he succeeded in doing was making me feel more self-conscious, and even had the nerve to ridicule my choice of hairstyle. He never created a goal or plan for me to help my hair and instead kept pushing expensive shampoos/spray products sold by his office. Terrible service, I intend to find a better doctor who actually knows what they're doing.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

This man is without quesion out of his mind.Iwas diagnosed for removal of a small growth by an associate.Dr. Ubanek was to do the procedure. O n that day, he entered the room,addressed the nurse,never even bothering to say hello, let alone introduce himself. After several directions about how to position myself,he just started to cut.When he was done, he just left the room.The entire procedure was surreal.This man is weird. I warn you to stay away.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

I have been going for a couple of years. Although I got the impression that the Dr. is briliant and far from a "quack" as written below, it is trute that he is very unfrendly and has no bedside manner. He is very hard to take if you are the sensitive type. However, from experience with two other dermatologists in this area they were exactly the same, no personality. For questions on medicine refills etc., it takes them very long to get back to you. I never wait too long in the office. That is one positive thing. They want you to come in often it seems which is an annoyance if you have high co-payments and they are very hesitant to give phone refills if they haven't seen you in over three months.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

I have been going to this Dr. for many years. I never had a bad visit! I have dealt with every PA and the Dr. himself. They were always very nice and took the time to talk to me. The girls in the front can sometimes talk loud and freely but that never bothered me.I found entertaining and lively/ The girls were also always very nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

I went to see this doctor twice, both times he barely looks at you when he speaks, talks in medical words like I'm a doctor and should know what he is talking about. and when he speak you don't know if he's talking to you or the assistant nurse in the room. He asked me at one point if I heard what he said in a tone of voice like I was his daughter, I told him I barely understood what he was saying bc the terms I didn't understand. Then had the NERVE to tell me that he only repeated himself 3 times! What type of doctor is this man and how he has a license is beyond me. He has ZERO beside manner and is a completley arrogant man that should have his license revoked!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

A friend mentiond how happy she was with this Dr. so I gave them a shot. I have never in my life was rushed so fast out of an office. The visit should have been a drive by. The dr asked me one question...DO YOU HAVE INSURANCE? then wrote me 3 medications and ran out the door(All the medications were over 700.00). Not once was I asked anything or did I even have time to ask anything. If you have a REAL skin issue like I did then this is NOT the place for you.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

Dr. Richard W. Urbanek's Credentials

• Russian

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1973)

Delta Dental