Ratings for Dr. Mary I. Nunchuck

Very caring. Spent extra time with me. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Violated my hippa rights in 2012. I have been searching for her to file a complaint. Officially did 5 minutes ago. Refused me further appointments after I pulled a release form because I told her I refused to see her if she was going to be counter productive and claim i was bipolar. I have ptsd and ADHD. This woman is literally insane.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

When the clinic's supervising psychiatrist did not like my questioning her, Mary insisted she would no longer see me unless I wrote a letter of apology. When I tried to explain that I was treated rudely she stated that was not true despite the fact that she was not present.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr.Nunchuck is a great psychiatris. She is very nice and down to earth. She is easy to talk to, and i felt very comfortable with her. She was very honest and seem to have a genuine concern for my well being. I would highly recommend Dr.Nunchuck to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

She was always behind in appointments, she was rude and had poor listening skills.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Somewhat arrogant in approach to patient. Sat biting her nails during the consult, which I thought was highly unprofessional. Non professional in appearance also. Did not make another appointment.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

I saw Dr. Nunchuck from 2001 until 2005 for post-partum depression following my third child. I trusted her and had faith in her knowledge. I was very wrong to do this and it cost me my fourth child; first born son. Despite warnings in medical books and on-line, Dr. Nunchuck kept me on the drug Effexor XR throughout my entire pregnancy. My son was born with feeding problems and later died due to respiratory problems. These warnings are outlined everywhere, but Dr. Nunchuck said, "I have used Zoloft and other anti-depressants in other pregnant patients and had no problems." (Have you seen the legal claims in the news lately against Zoloft and birth defects?) Also, following the death of my son, which occurred while I was at work, she wouldn't sign off on my Family and Medical leave stating, “I had a child die from a car accident and I found it therapeutic to continue working." You can make your own choices, but I wouldn't recommend this "Doctor" to anyone.

Submitted April 27, 2011

This Doctor seems to lack compassion and was unrealistic about patient expectations. She seems more like a drill sergeant than a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Dr. Nunchuck really listened to me and helped me to hear what I needed to hear. Her approach to my issues was refreshing and I have recommended her to many of my friends.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2010

I have seen 3 other psychiatrists as myspouse was in the military and we were being transfered. I waited 2 months for the appointment. Dr. was through in her history. My 45 minute evaluation lasted 70 minutes. I have seen her 3 times now and we are decreasing meds. I feel the best I have felt in 8 years. I have heard of drs. which don't listen and write for whatever you want and this is not one of those doctors. I highly recommend her

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

Dr. Mary I. Nunchuck's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1975)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kenosha, WI