Ratings for Dr. Steve Samuel

First meeting he did not acknowledge my presence. No hi, no thank you just spoke into his recorder. Second meeting was the same. Do not recommend. Beware

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

I had a rhinoplasty with dr. samuel overa year ago and was not happy with the results. It needed to be addressed and he REFUSED to see a problem. He is nice at the beginning but if you question his work he will verbally abuse you. He is a horrible surgeon. I should have done way more resreach. When he finally agreed to do the revision he said he needed to charge me another $5000!! I went for 2 second opinions and both drs said it needed to be fixed. THey even wrote him a letter saying that he should not charge me again. Needless to say i never went back to him and had my nose revised by another doctor. Dr. Samule needs to be reported for his behaviour and most imprtantly for re-charging people to fix mistakes that he makes-he is a horrible person and a horrible cosmetic surgeon. Do your research and get everything in writing with this crook-better yet do NOT go to him if you want quality work done.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

I had a rhinoplasty with Dr. Samuel. I am not happy with it as I have visible scars in the nostril and this is due to too tight stitching on his part. I am not happy about this and he refuses to acknowledge there is any problem. I have consulted other surgeons and they say doing anything to the scars might make them worse, I don't know what to do now...I wish I had done my research more...

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

I had a breast augumentation and tummy tuck with Dr Samuel, on Feb 17,2011, and I am amazed at how amazing this doctor is, I would recommend this doctors work and honest approach, yes I agree bedside manner is not there, but he is confident and knows his work and is great at what he does, I trust him and my results are proof, I will go back if I ever need more work :)

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

We found Dr Samuel very engaging and knowledgeable. He performed an excellent and age appropriate breast augmentation. Difficult to imagine a better outcome actually. Doesn't waste time with small talk and doesn't promise more than he can deliver. On time, courteous, a droll sense of humour, accomplished. Highly recommended. As a prior writer commented, his secretaries are past their due date. The impression one gets is that they don't really enjoy their work (and perhaps forget who actually ulimately pays them!). The staff at the private clinic (OR suite) were very good however, and I suppose that's what matters most.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

The secretaries are both crazy and disgusting. They don't know how to talk to the people. Both secretaries are too old for this job. they should go and retired.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

He wrecked my nose when I was a teenager and made the end into a ball. The cartilage would always collapse and bother me. I remember during surgery he didn't see me post op or give any instructions and I took aspirin when I got home and bled like hell. When I got to emerg he was pissed off and actually made one of the nurses cry - ego out of control. After many years of living with a f---d nose I've just had it repaired again by another doctor. I'm hoping for the best!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

The most condescending arrogant person in the Toronto medical field. This guy is a piece of work.If you want to be interrogated as if you've committed a crime then this is the doctor for you. Unfortunately I never put up with crap and he didn't like it, we'll boo hoo. He performed surgery for carpel tunnel and has always been a problem since that day, decided after all these years to go back to see if anything could be done and because he couldn't diagnose properly he kept getting angry, again boo hoo. Dr Samual on this day unfortunately met his match and he really didn't like it. If you read older reports they are correct. There was about 15 people in there and we were called in about 20 minutes. He probably intimidated everyone and they left. Not this cat. Steer clear away from this doctor, run don't walk because you don't want this guy taking care of some of the most serious of operations that you will encounter in your lifetime. I give this piece of work the TOOL OF A LIFETIME AWARD

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Dr. Samuel performed my nose job. He did AMAZING work, and was very receptive to my requests. He coached me through the whole thing, and had a great sense of humour. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I had almost no bruising, and every says it looks so natural. I would trust him with any procedure!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Dr. Samuels is possibly the worst doctor I have ever been referred to. I was sent to him for a cyst in my wrist I need removed. I was immediately nervous upon seeing his office which is in a building that must be more than 40 years old. The reception staff barely looked at me when taking my information, and were more interested in talking to each other. While in his office I noticed the patients ahead of me were in and out in about five minutes, which I don't think is a good sign. As I was waiting a person got stuck in the elevator and began screaming at the top of his lungs. Eventually a patient in the waiting room had to save him. When I saw Dr. Samuels, he took my wrist and said very rudely he would "crush" the cyst right now with his thumb. This cyst is very painful so I told him not to touch it. I left his office saying I would get another opinion. If all I need is to crush this cyst, I could do that myself. Do not trust this man with your body.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010