Ratings for Dr. Steve Samuel

Dr Samuel is an excellent surgeon...always pleased with the results!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I too had heard and read mixed things about Dr. Samuel. I had an eyelid lift and couldn't be happier with the results or the way I was treated. I saw Dr. Samuel a total of 4 times. At the consult, he spent quite a bit of time explaining the procedure and what I could expect from the results. At the hospital for the procedure, he was friendly, and the nurses there were wonderful. One nurse in particular who held my hand during the freezing and told me to squeeze as hard as possible and keep breathing, so as to distract me from the freezing was particularly nice. Then I had 2 post-op appointments in his office and he was very friendly both times as were his receptionists. When you go for the post-ops, you can drop in anytime during office hours and he sees you quickly between patients, so you don't have to wait a long time for a 2 minute appointment, which I appreciated. All in all I was very pleased with the whole experience.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I have never seen a doctor this RUDE. There is a difference between bluntness and honesty than pure arrogance and disrespect. I would never step foot in his office again. He has zero bedside manners and deserves to be penalized for his behavior.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr samuel is extremely rude and not compassionate he would rather push you aside than help you

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

After reading reviews I had mixed signals on what to expect when I met Dr Samuel. Upon arriving at his office for a consult I was greeted by two incredible receptionists. I was early for my appointment and Dr Samuel took the time himself to tell me that he'd be with me shortly. I had gone for other consults for a breast reduction but felt most comfortable with Dr Samuel. He took the time to explain things and simplify the surgery for me. I left his office feeling comfortable with getting the surgery. The day of my surgery he was completely professional and in what I would call "surgery mode"... Which is what I want out of someone performing a breast reduction. I met with Dr Samuel a week after surgery and he was incredible and reassuring in that I was healing and everything looked normal. Three weeks after surgery I developed a small sore (from the steri strips). I called his office and emailed him a picture of the sore. I had a call back from his office within 5 minutes telling me that it was normal and not to worry... And they explained what to do. I am now 4 weeks post surgery and this was the best decision I ever made. I am so glad I decided to go to Dr Samuel. My breasts are perfect and I couldn't be happier. I was a HH before surgery and now I can fit a C or D. I trust this surgeon fully and recommend his office for any surgery but especially a breast reduction. My only regret is not getting this done sooner.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I am a teenager who have extermly bad back pain from her 38DDD breasts. I went to Dr. Samuel from my family doctors referral for a breast reduction. I only had one appointment before I had my surgery with him which I found odd. But I put my trust in him. He did not answer any of my questions pre op and post op. I agree with all the negative comments. Post op I developed a huge hole that looked incected, he said it's not. but me being me I went for a second opinion and it was infected. My next visit I told him I went for another opinion and he got so rude and unprofessional. He doesnt care to explain anything, it's like he's waiting for you to finish speaking so he can speak (if you're lucky), or he just cuts you off. He will leave you with no explanation or suggestions. If you ask a few questions, he reacts like you are questioning his knowledge. He has no compassion for his patients and won't even try to understand your pain and problems. It is hard to believe the words "respectful", "calm", or "comforting" is used in the same sentence as "Dr.Samuel". It seems that his "many years of experience" that he loves to refer to, has blown up his head. He isn't doing you any favours, so do yourself one and see someone else.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Worst. Experience. Ever. I can appreciate someone who is to the point and 'no nonsense' but wow. I should have just waited for a different doctor to do the surgery. He isn't a god. When you patient says they can feel you cutting into them, best to believe them. And maybe explain what type of stitches you used, if they need to take them out, when, where. Nothing. Pulling and tugging is different to feeling the pain of a knife cutting through you. So rude. But maybe I need to be an old white couple to get some actual knowledge out of this man. He seemed pretty chummy with them as I walked out of the room with NO PRESCRIPTION FOR PAIN KILLERS OR ANYTHING. he might be good at what he does but his attitude and energy as a human being sucks. I wouldn't let him operate on my cat. I don't have a cat and I'm deathly allergic to them.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Samuel is an exceptional surgeon who simply tells you the way it is. He has performed 2 surgeries on me in the past and will be doing another one in 2 weeks. I know that I am in good hands with him and will perfect my body the way it should be after loosing 110 pounds! He performs art while operating on his patients! Thank you Dr. Samuel!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

My husband and I went to see Dr Samuels yesterday. I can tell you I am so lucky to have met him and his exceptional team of ladies. I have booked my surgery and I feel so very confident thatDr . Samuels and his lovely ladies will see my through my surgery and recovery. Please go see him if you are considering surgery. He will take his time and thoroughly share with you realistic and safe solutions.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Samuel's is a no nonsense surgeon he is direct and to the point about realistic expectations on all cosmetic procedures. His years of experience are real attribute to his skills and knowledge. He was an artist when it came to my three procedures of lipo suction, abdominal plasty and breast reduction and breast lift. He tends to seem impatient but he is a champion in his field and wastes no time explaining things so you understand what to expect.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015