Ratings for Dr. LLOYD F. Mercer

from a young person to now in my 40's I could not have asked for a more concerned individual to have provided my care. Pretty plain and simple I will never go to another for treatment of my seizures.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

From an "older generation" point of view: Dr. Mercer is a physician with the intellect, knowledge and capability to NOT hide behind all of the expensive, fruitless, defensive medical practices that sadly yield no benefit to us as patients, cost us more money than we can afford, and eventually discourage us from seeking treatment for conditions we never imagined we would have. If you have seen Dr. Mercer as a patient, you know that he listens to his patients in a genuinely interested and concerned manner. He is not at all stiffly clinical, intimidatingly overtly note-taking, nor in any way does he minimize his patient. He is gifted in his ability to visit casually, show genuine concern, and remarkably, relate perfectly to his patient's affliction/illness. Dr. Mercer is a brilliant, old fashioned hands-on physician who possesses all of the current clinical knowledge. We have, in fact, found him to be a pioneer; dismissing the hopelessness of the garbage we typically get from psychologists and such (who tend to cost us so much and offer little more that machine-graded test results for canned testing, right?). If you are looking for a doctor who will put you through exhaustible written/oral/observational testing that you have likely been through before with no benefit, Dr. Mercer is not your doctor. If you need help, have tried until you do not see any hope, and need a highly-qualified specialist who will listen, care, and help you; to give you hope of a life you have long since given-up on......this is the doctor for you. God bless this man. He has restored my life and my hope and my family.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

After dealing with psychologists and counselors, I was less than hopeful that someone would be able to help me with my problems. Dr. Mercer was kind, understanding, supportive, and a fantastic doctor who has been a real blessing to me. His knowledge about my condition and insight have enabled me to understand and deal with the condition I have. If there's a criticism about his punctuality, it's because he gives his patients all the time necessary to talk through difficult issues, unlike other dr.s that spend 10 minutes with you after glancing over your charts, then send you home with a prescription. Thanks to Dr. Mercer I was able to finish college with the best grades I've ever had, have the confidence to handle situations that would overwhelm me in the past, and put me on a path for future success. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing help with concentration, time management, and issues with mediocre academic performance due to those issues.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Too much experimenting with medications made my seizures worse

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

Dr. LLOYD F. Mercer's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1982)