Ratings for Dr. John Smillie

Not only a gentle dentist but someone who is down to earth and will go out of his way to help. One of my children's favourite places to go when they were young, and the fact that he has emergency dental experience makes his practice worth the fee. When we had a dental emergency, he came in on his day off and coached my spouse to be his dental assistant. He was calm, efficient, effective, allowing my spouse to feel that they could do this and saved my child's teeth as much as possible. Thanks Dr. Smillie!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

Everything goes well until there is a real problem. Then, no help, no care. I had an infection for several years; he knew, he saw it, but did nothing about it... Fortunately I changed.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Really kind and very helpful. He is a great dentist and all the other staff are great.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Agree with all the comments. Kind , respectful and most importantly, knowledgeable. My only worry is the billing, seems excessive. I have nothing to compare to as he has been my only dentist. Maybe I have bad teeth. Overall, painless dentistry , 2 thumbs up.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

He is amazing. He is so professional and kind. Recommend him to everyone

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I have been well served by Dr Smilie for 5 years. I feel a personal connection with him. He is thoughtful, careful and has a good sense of humor. Staff is great.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Have been going to Dr. Smillie for 20+ years. I have found his hygienists and him to be extremely professional and compassionate. He recommended me to a specialist for gum surgery, and had me book frequent cleanings, which brought my periodontitis under control. I used to be terrified of dentists and required freezing for cleaning. Now I am totally relaxed and needle-free for cleaning appointments!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Smillie's dental practice for over 5 years. Beginning when I was a student at McMaster, living in Hamilton, and extending through my many moves while living in Mississauga and studying in Toronto. The reason I kept going, despite being 50 km away, is the genuine care that Dr. Smillie and his staff had for my dental/ oral hygiene. Dr. Smillie and his staff took the time to help me when I needed work done within a small time frame. Their service was stable (little to no service disruptions/ appointment cancellations). Dr. Smillie stands by his work and ensured that I was happy with the work he did for my bonded teeth. I felt like I was taken care of and given the best advice by Dr. Smillie and his staff as it is apparent that they try to be evidence informed. Due to my increased needs after a car accident, I have finally succumbed to accessing dental care near my home in Mississauga, and I hope they will be as good as the Dr. Smillie team. For friendly service, quality service, evidence informed service... go to Dr. Smillie's dental practice in Ancaster.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Surprised about the good comments. He was disrespectful. Treated me as an idiot. Said he was going to restore a tooth then destroyed it, resulting in infection and extraction. No consent. No remorse. Friendly confidence and over familiarity is a sham. Excessive invoicing compared to my new dentist. Cannot be trusted.

Submitted November 20, 2015

Dr Smillie: What can I say !! My husband and I both go, and he is WONDERFUL.. Very knowledgable, compasionate, very professional, with a great sense of humor. His staff is very good as well. He talks about his family with such pride, which is so nice to hear.... We are so glad we switched to Dr Smillie over 3 years ago.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014