Ratings for Dr. John Smillie

Agree with all the comments. Kind , respectful and most importantly, knowledgeable. My only worry is the billing, seems excessive. I have nothing to compare to as he has been my only dentist. Maybe I have bad teeth. Overall, painless dentistry , 2 thumbs up.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

He is amazing. He is so professional and kind. Recommend him to everyone

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I have been well served by Dr Smilie for 5 years. I feel a personal connection with him. He is thoughtful, careful and has a good sense of humor. Staff is great.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Have been going to Dr. Smillie for 20+ years. I have found his hygienists and him to be extremely professional and compassionate. He recommended me to a specialist for gum surgery, and had me book frequent cleanings, which brought my periodontitis under control. I used to be terrified of dentists and required freezing for cleaning. Now I am totally relaxed and needle-free for cleaning appointments!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Smillie's dental practice for over 5 years. Beginning when I was a student at McMaster, living in Hamilton, and extending through my many moves while living in Mississauga and studying in Toronto. The reason I kept going, despite being 50 km away, is the genuine care that Dr. Smillie and his staff had for my dental/ oral hygiene. Dr. Smillie and his staff took the time to help me when I needed work done within a small time frame. Their service was stable (little to no service disruptions/ appointment cancellations). Dr. Smillie stands by his work and ensured that I was happy with the work he did for my bonded teeth. I felt like I was taken care of and given the best advice by Dr. Smillie and his staff as it is apparent that they try to be evidence informed. Due to my increased needs after a car accident, I have finally succumbed to accessing dental care near my home in Mississauga, and I hope they will be as good as the Dr. Smillie team. For friendly service, quality service, evidence informed service... go to Dr. Smillie's dental practice in Ancaster.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Surprised about the good comments. He was disrespectful. Treated me as an idiot. Said he was going to restore a tooth then destroyed it, resulting in infection and extraction. No consent. No remorse. Friendly confidence and over familiarity is a sham. Excessive invoicing compared to my new dentist. Cannot be trusted.

Submitted November 20, 2015

Dr Smillie: What can I say !! My husband and I both go, and he is WONDERFUL.. Very knowledgable, compasionate, very professional, with a great sense of humor. His staff is very good as well. He talks about his family with such pride, which is so nice to hear.... We are so glad we switched to Dr Smillie over 3 years ago.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Just got 2 wisdom teeth removed today by Dr Smillie. He went out of his way to make sure all was fine, that I had no pain whatsoever, explained everything in detail, stopped every time I seemed to be uncomfortable to see if he could do anything to ease the pain, etc. Then, if that's not enough, he called me home early evening to see if I had any pain, if the bleeding was stopping, or if I needed anything. Who does that!!? He is such a nice, professionnal, compasionnate, dentist. He understands that going to the dentist is never really fun, and he does everything he can to make the experience as tolerable as possible. God bless him!!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

The doctor is wonderful. Helpful and knows what he's doing. He's gentle and always happy. And that goes for all his staff as well. With the exception of the receptionist who I find to be very rude, from the very first day I walked into that office. She really throws it off for the others. She's sarcastic, makes mistakes and doesn't admit to them and is just downright rude when you dealing with her. Dr. Smillie needs to clean house when it comes to her. She could really jeopardize his business.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

I hated all my dentists growing up. After I switched to this dentist, I have nothing but great things to say about him and his staff. If he becomes your dentist you will not regret it

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011