Ratings for Dr. James Slauterbeck

The fixation was not prominent. IT was still recessed about 2 mm underneath the surface. " A quote from an my Operative Report of a left knee ACL reconstruction. After 9 months of rehab I went to return to normal activity, only to find that my knee would violently give way. I returned to Slauterbeck to tell him about my episodes and he first attributed it to "pain inhibition" I went on my way. The problem reoccurred followed by serious swelling and pain. He then gave me Anti arthitic synthetic synovial fluid. OK you can see where this is going. He finally agreed to an MRI, the issue a cyclops lesion. I second surgery with STILL did not resolve the problem . So yes it was the fixation. IT WAS EVEN NOTED IN THE PRE-OP MRI. Lots of pain and cartilage degeneration later I saw another doc, Dr. Boynton in Rutland. He removed the fixation and said and I quote " The surgery took longer than expected, the previous surgeon used an outdated fixation, and we had a hard time locating a bit to remove it". The issue of my knee giving was was resolved. However today I have significant meniscus and articular cartilage damage. DO NOT SEE SLAUTERBECK . I've attached photos of my the op report including the fixation removal and the initial acl op report.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Super knowledgable and helpful every step of acl reconstruction. Always made me feel like he had all the time in the world to answer questions and concerns. Super sweet and kind.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr. Slauterbeck was very knowledgable about the different techiques in ACL reconstruction. His surgeical skill is very good, and the scars left are very small and neat. I would definitely reccommend him.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

Dr. James Slauterbeck's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)