Ratings for Dr. Abraham Chaiton

Dr Chaiton has an ultrasound machine AND technician in his office. Using guide ultrasound, he extracted fluid from my hip joint, then injected cortisone into the exact spot. Had trouble walking to the parking lot: he said to take it easy and rest for a few days.The next day, 90 % of pain had gone. His secretary phoned the next day to see how I was doing! I really appreciated that. He sent me for blood and urine analysis and ordered an MRI . I feel I am in good hands and will go back for all results., Janet Blair Toronto.,

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Was told I was his first appointment of the day. Half hour after I was due to go in, he actually sprinted into the office. In about 2 minutes he diagnosed what I didn't have but would not offer any advice on any recourse or further testing. When I asked if he could look at something else, he said "No, your doctor only asked me to look at one thing". I guess he could only spare 2 minutes. A complete waste of time. Very anal. His personality is like a piece of drywall. Arrogant and condescending. Don't waste your time. He will not go out of his way to help you.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr. Chaiton has been my Dr. for more than 3 years. I found his receptionist to be excellent and have only received top care from both of them. Both are straight forward and to the point, no wasting of time. Recently I required them to go above and beyond their scope and they delivered in spades. Writing letters to EI and my benefit plans for me was one issue. The 2nd far more serious when I developed a secondary complication. I was referred immediately to other specialists my medication changed and ongoing care supplied. I find both Dr Chaiton and his receptionist to be extremely competant and thorough and feel I am well cared for in their hands.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Very disappointing appointment. Negligent 7 minutes appointment time, which was hurried by him so he did not even listen to most of my concerns. After having a decade of symptom history and more than a half dozen unexplained pregnancy losses, he sent me away to see someone in Toronto(???) who he knows, but he is not willing to contact for me. He only ordered very limited, basic blood work for me. After my results came back, it included a 7 times higher than normal inflammatory factor. When I asked him regarding the results by e-mail, he said that this is normal. I also asked him to refer me to see a local specialist, and he did not even bother to answer my request. Luckily I was able to get an emergency appointment with another rheumatologist in 3 weeks after seeing him, who took my situation seriously right away, especially after seeing my abnormal test result. Spent over an hour with me, sent me for lots of additional testing and organised specific care for my current pregnancy.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

He does not waste your time, he is smart and very good in coming to a conclusion about your problem. I was so pleased to hear I do not have bad arthritis just overuse of my wrist and thumb and tendon problem. Grateful to him for his help and I would see him again.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Dr. Chaiton seems pretty good to me...got right on things pronto...

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

Dr. Abraham Chaiton is simply the BEST. I had been suffering from a condition known as Ankylosing Spondalitis for many years. I had seen many specialist in the past and Dr Chaiton was the only one who actually did something productive to help me. Unlike most doctors and specialists Dr Chaiton changed my life, and I will be eternally great full for what he has done for me. Thank you

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

well, Dr. Chaiton has a nice receptionist-that's about it. He was brusque, never even really looked at my problem area, and sent me on my way after telling me to get a test for something i knew the problem wasn't linked to--and giving me medication that made me terribly sick and I had to stop taking. I felt dismissed and completely uncsred about--and have asked my GP for another reference. Waste of time, truly.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

The only good thing I can say about Dr. Chaiton is that he does return phone calls in a timely manner. I have been seeing him for about 1.5 years and with every visit I have become more frustrated. He is very dismissive. I moved from Toronto where I had an excellent rheumatologist; Dr. Chaiton is anything but. He's never done a full assessment of my joints. I've seen him 4 or times over the past year and a half, never for more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time. Despite having repeatedly corrected him he still seems to think I have arthritis only in my back which is practically the only place where I don't have it. After my last visit hismoffice sent a letter to my family doctor that was about another patient. When I told his office they sent out a second letter which has several inaccuracies and tells of something I reported which we didn't even talk about. finally I've had enough and I've got an appointment with a new Rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

I was very disappointed with Dr. Chaiton after waiting months for an appointment. He was late even though he was not on the phone and was not seeing a patient. When he did see me, he was disinterested and dismissive. He seemed to want to challenge me during our discussion on my medical history. He confirmed that I did have arthritis but there was no suggestions to dealing with it. I walked away feeling I had wasted health care dollars and now have to ask my family doctor for a referral to a rheumatologist who will assist me in my condition.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012