Ratings for Dr. Shazia Malik

Plainte Après avoir subit une opération mineure le 8 mai dernier pour “Hallux Limitus Bilateral”, (sablage aux 2 gros orteils) je me retrouve aujourd’hui brimé dans toutes mes activités à cause de la douleur continuelle à mes 2 pieds. Deux semaines plus tard, selon le Dr Malik, je pouvais reprendre mes activités normale. D’après les 2 orthopédistes spécialisés pour les pieds que j’ai rencontrés recemment, ils me confirment que cette petite chirurgie d’incision minime du Dr. Malik a été très mal exécutée. L’anestésie locale était inappropriée pour ce type d’intervention. La douleur était intolerable. Aujourd’hui le 12 septembre, je suis plus en douleur qu’auparavant et ce avec beucoup moins de mobilité. Je dois donc subir une autre intervention par un spécialiste Orthopédiste afin de réparer et corriger les maladresses du Dr. Malik. Quelle erreur d’avoir mis ma confiance en cette Podiatre incompétente. En plus, on m’informe que son travail en chirurgie est repris à mainte reprises par d’autres intervenants compétents. Dr. Malik a tenté de faire des correctifs avec 2 infiltrations à la cortisone sans résultat. De plus, elle m’a suggéré des semelles correctives ainsi que des pilules que je n’ai pas voulu prendre parce que ça ne réglait pas le problème à long terme. Elle m’avoue avoir manqué à la tâche et m’informe donc qu’elle ne peut plus rien faire pour régler mes problèmes de douleur. Sa licence ne devrait pas lui permettre de faire ces chirrugies d’incision minimes (sablage). Toute intervention chirurgicale, aux orteils et aux pieds devraient être exécutes par des orthopédistes spécialisés dans le domaine. Pour ma part, je ne veux plus la voir et j’espère pouvoir aider quelqu’un d’autre à ne pas vivre une telle expérience. Cela m’a déjà coûté 5000$; en plus de nuire à ma qualité de vie. À 74 ans, quel regret et quelle mauvaise aventure d’avoir mis les pieds dans cette Clinique.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr. Shazia Malik is one of the most down to earth caring doctor which I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. Her professionalism & knowledge are outstanding. She makes you feel like a good friend. Her attention & care is beyond a 10. I would suggest anyone who is having any kind of "podiatry" problems & such to definitely contact her clinc, not only is she an amazing doctor & great person to chat with, her staff as well is courteous , friendly & very helpful.. Dr. Malik personally contacted me when I was in distress over a problem which needed immediate care. Thank-You Dr, Malik & Staff without a doubt the BEST Team & Care out ther.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Do not go to this podiatrist...Runs her clinic like a business. Seemed to be more inclined to care for $$$ clientele than others. Went for issues with my toes and after enough money spent and minor surgery, it went worse. No proper follow up. This woman just doesn't care.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I saw Dr. Malik for toe fungus. She did laser treatments. Toes are no better. Then I had "minimally invasive surgery" to correct two toes. Post surgery was very, very painful and I was not properly informed on just how bad it could be. Developed an infection in a toe and she told me to see a GP as she could not prescribe antibiotics.(why, I have no idea, as she is licensed to operate buy not give meds?) I felt I was not given proper information about the surgery. The result: toes are a bit better, but had I known what I had to go though I would never have done it!! She charges a lot and I feel she is not upfront and, in the end, is just running a business.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

I have only positive comments to say regarding Dr. Malik and her staff. They are all very courteous and helpful. Dr. Malik explained very clearly the situation with my bunion and I proceeded with the recommended surgery. I am recovering quite well due to all their expertise. Cannot say enough about everyone there. I was very nervous and Dr. Malik put me at ease as well as Maria. They really aim to please and accommodate you and make you feel 100% comfortable. The procedure is showing great results and I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Malik's office to all those who are suffering.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

My spouse was being followed for an ingrown toenail which I felt was taking forever to getting resolved so we went to see another podiatrist for a second opinion. This second podiatrist said that my spouse had a significant case of toenail fungus which had been evident for a long time. Dr. Malik never informed my spouse about this. I believe Dr. Malik knew my spouse had toenail fungus but was waiting for the condition to get more serious so she could have billed us much more to treat. We are now very glad that we are being followed by a podiatrist that is primarily concerned about what's best for the patient instead of their pocketbook !

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Was referred to Dr. Malik by a friend. Saw her finally, after waiting three months (her office cancelled the first appointment the day before it was to happen, then gave me a new one for 6 weeks later). Saw her for a thickened toenail. She was very condescending, called me "Hon" repeatedly, was visibly impatient with my requests for clear explanations. She was proposing $2000 worth of surgery, but seemed to feel the specifics would somehow be too difficult for me to understand! (I have worked in the health profession for more than 30 years.) Wanted me to get orthotics, as well, on that same day, at a cost of $600-$800. She never asked me anything about myself, and made blanket statements about my shoes that implied my problem was my fault and I should have known better. No patient-doctor partnership or education going on there. I will not return.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Malik is an excellent Podiatrist. I had my bunions removed from both feet and I am extremely satisfied with the results. Great staff, I am thankful for their amazing service. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Do not see this doctor for toe nail fungus. It's a scam and her entire staff is in on it. Runs it like a business - no results at all. Avoid her at all costs. She is no better than a telemarketing salesperson.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Knows her profession, great service, human approach, fixes foot problems. Can't really complain about anything!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016