Ratings for Dr. Lesya Shuba

My experience with Dr Shuba was for a cataract surgery. I found her very professional while positive and friendly. I will recommend this surgeon and I am grateful to her and her entire staff to have made my experience very smooth.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr Shuba saved my 7 yo child's vision. She had been been misdiagnosed and under treated for many years. Dr Shuba surgical skill is top shelf! Her caring and warm personality put out family at ease knowing our daughter was in very good hands. I highly recommend Dr Shuba to all who want the best care.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Outstanding surgeon! I have read previous reviews, and I must say, that negative points seem to relate to conversation and social interaction. If I want social interaction I will go to Tim Horton's and have a coffee with the crowd. Dr Shuba solved my long-standing problem that many had failed to treat. I highly recommend her as an excellent surgeon?

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

After reading some of those comments I was really nervous about seeing Dr. Shuba. I had glaucoma and cataract surgery. I have nothing negative to say about the lady. Very professional and she did answer my questions. i am going back to her in a few weeks to get my second eye done. I can only speak about what I found and I would tell anyone to go to her

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

I wish I was referred to anyone else but this doctor....

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

This woman has no respect for another human being!! Fortunately my doctor was able to refer me to another glaucoma specialist in Halifax. A wonderful doctor and a real gentlemen! What a difference!!! If you are being referred to Dr Shuba, request another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Same experience as others have reported.... Rude with patients!!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. Shuba fantastic. She explains everything, has a great staff, and treats me with respect. I like her no-nonsense bedside manner. I need someone who will give me answers about my condition, not hold my hand and give me sympathy.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

It is hard to judge medical knowledge. She seems OK. But she should never have chosen to deal with people. She is unable to communicate with her patients. She is rude and does not answer questions.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I m seeing her, and every time I go to the optometrist they say "oh isnt she wonderful". She may be a great surgeon- I hope so. But she is rude and callous and a bully. I wish I had a choice, I ve had the same negative experiences as others here. I laugh every time I see the big sign saying to ask questions. Am always tempted to add not of Dr Shuba. I rated punctuality low but that isn't my real concern, it' s her sneering manner and refusal to answer questions or understand the trauma that a blindness diagnosis carries. How can I rate her knowledge? She doesn't communicate anything but contempt.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015