Ratings for Dr. Tim B. Cavanaugh

I have mixed feeling on how to rate the Cavanaugh Eye Center. I was referred to the Center after an eye injury that stumped another doctor. If I rate solely for expertise and effectiveness, which are most important, I give Dr. Cavanaugh top ratings. He looked at my cornea, instantly saw the problem that had stumped another doctor, explained it, and prescribed medicine that solved two weeks of pain within a day. Even so, I am looking for another doctor for my routine eye care because of how I was treated in the clinic. I was kept waiting in extreme pain for two hours beyond my appointment time. When staff took me for preliminary examination, I felt like I was going through a factory process. During the exam, I squinted and shied in pain and asked for an unnecessary lighted screen in front of my face to be turned off. The examiner gave me attitude before realizing my request was minor and reasonable, then complying. I felt like a kickball in the office until I saw Dr. Cavanaugh, and then I had a perfect medical experience. I truly hope my experience was atypical because his expertise and individual bedside manner merit top ratings.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I loved everything about Cavanaugh Eye Center. I had to travel over an hour to the Center but it was recommended so I decided to try it and wasn't disappointed. My eyesight was bad enough that I had to have a staged procedure so it was roughly 3 months before I finally had the LASIK. During the 5 or 6 appointments (including 2 other surgeries/procedures) I had to go to I got to know some of the staff pretty well. The nurses and doctors were knowledgeable, the receptionists were friendly (a good sign of a good doctor’s office when the employees with maybe the most tedious job in the office are happy), the environment was inviting. Maybe my regular eye doctor was just so subpar that this seemed like paradise but I was extremely happy. I’ve already recommended the Center to several people and my surgery was just last week. I made it a point to get online and get the word out to others looking into corrective eye surgery.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

This is a superb cornea specialist in every respect. Take it from a physician who has been his patient.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Simply Excellent! The most talented Refractive surgeon in the midwest. and a phenomenal staff as well.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Dr. Tim B. Cavanaugh's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Champ Va