Ratings for Dr. Thomas K. Donaldson

I agree with most of the comments written here. I am glad to see I am not the only patient that finds him rude. He did 2 hip replacements on me. The first one went well. But, I never saw him once, only his P.A. The first surgery was in2011. In 2013 he did replacement surgery on my other hip. I saw his P.A. only before surgery. After surgery I did see him only. He was extremely rude & accused me of only wanting pain meds. when I told him at every office visit I was still in pain. The last visit I had with him he said my pain was really in my back & wanted me to have an MRI on my back. I was also at least 1/2 inch shorter on the last leg he operated on. This was in Oct. 2014. In Feb. 2015 I awoke one morning and could not walk. After a few days I was able to walk with a walker. I did not want to go back to him......I researched some other Orthopedic drs. and choose one in Pasadena. The new dr. discovered the cup on my hip had broke a good size piece had broken off. He believed the cup was set too far over to one side & that is most likely why it broke. Dr. Donaldson should have seen this in the x-ray he took. I had to have revision surgery in Feb. 2015. It is harder to recover from revision surgery, the dr. had to take out a lot of scar tissue & it was turning black on all of the tissue. Dr. Donaldson has a very bad bedside manner & his head is too big to go through any door. I would never go back to him even if it meant I would never walk again. Stay away! Some members of his staff are very rude too.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr. Donaldson had to do 2 hip replacement surgeries on my disabled brother. The first hip replacement surgery the pin was not long enough and wasn't found until a second opinion A YEAR LATER by a different doctor and EXCRUCIATING pain and after being told by his office numerous times that he was fine. He then had to do surgery a second time to fix the problem and now after 6 months my brother is still not walking correctly and he always cancels our appointments to see him. We have never seen him personally since the surgery and now will go see another second opinion to see if the hip is messed up again. It is so frustrating that he does not care about his patients like a doctor should and just wants to make the money. I also found information on the internet that he was involved in collecting over 1 million dollars in kick backs from a company that has now recalled their hip replacement products because they are defective. He is shady all the way around. Shame on him. Stay away.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I got to see the Dr. Donaldson one time before surgery on my knee. The rest of the time I only saw his PA, including in the hospital post op. The wait time at his office is atrocious. The minimum is 1 hour, and was once kept waiting for ovwe 3 hours when I insisted on actually seeing the Dr. He was very flippant when questioined why so long. Just laughed! He orders xrays for EVERY visit....his father-in-law is the radiologist. I spoke to several post op. patients who had knee surgery. EVERYONE suffered a wound infection after surgery, including me. I am apalled at Dr. Donaldson's lack of professionalism and his greed. By the way I am an RN and I would NEVER recomend this Dr to anyone. Please find someone else.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Dr. Donaldson fixed my jacked up hip, I had a compound fractured femur, broken hip,shattered hip socket. It had gotten infected and after that all cleared up he put in a hip replacement. He did a excellent job,I am lucky to still have a leg and be able to walk.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

Dr. Donaldson was so helpful at the visit before my surgery, answered all my questions and took his time with me. I chose him because he was one of the highest rated surgeons on my insurance carrier's list. The surgery went very well, and I have had no problems since then. I love his PA, and the office staff is always helpful and courteous. Sometimes I have to wait for my appointments, but that's to be expected with a surgeon. The wait is never for an unreasonable period of time.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Had two surgeries with Dr. Donaldson, a partial knee replacement in Sep 09 and a total hip replacement in Jul 10. Outcomes for both were outstanding. I was very pleased with each of my encounters and appointments. It's a pleasure to go in, discuss the options available, view models of the devices, discuss the pros and cons and then select the device that was best for me. I think that it helped that I did my research prior to the appointment so that I could prepare and ask the right questions. My wife took notes and we both were prepared.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

The person who answered the phone kept me on hold for over 20 minutes. When I finally had my appointment I waited over 3 hours to see him, said I needed surgery. His RN was short and rude had the attitude she could care less. The surgery scheduler who must also be the office manager was rude to me and her staff. I wanted to schedule another appointment to talk to the doctor about what types of hardware he uses and she said I didn't need to that I can look it up on the internet. Then she yelled at the gal at the front desk and called her a liar in front of ALL the patients in the waiting room. Very unprofessional wouldn't recommend this doctor mostly due to his staff.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

He put the wrong size prothesis in my knee and then refused to tell me! He just wanted to tell me that I needed MORE pain pills, and that I had not had enough physical therapy - and then insisted that I only use his personal physical therapist. This cost us much money. After 5 months of HELL I got 4 second-opinions, all indicating that he had used the wrong size medial compartment. I had further surgery in Los Angeles with the Dorr Arthritis Group. I now have a 100% success. Stay away from this doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

This Dr. is extremely unprofessional and inconsiderate. He was extremely late and rude. He was short in the exam room and gave the impression he didn't care. He spent most of his time yelling at employees that seem to be working hard. Staff was more compassionate then the Dr. I am telling my primary care physician not to refer to this Dr. again. I refuse to go back there and see him again.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Very rude, very unprofessional, very behind schedule he does not honor appointments. I was scheduled for 8:30 and he strolled in at almost 9:30. Front office staff very polite and helpful but I feel sorry for them having to deal with angry patients because of an inconsiserate doctor. No patient privacy. I was waiting for my paperwork at a type of nurses station where everyone around can hear all my information he even stopped to discipline an employee during my appointment. horrible experience I will not go back I plan to seek further action against these HIPPA violations.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

Dr. Thomas K. Donaldson's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)