Ratings for Dr. IMRAN A. Khan

Glad to be under the care of Dr Khan. He took care of my mother's wrist contractures quickly and effectively. His staff was also very friendly.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Courteous and punctual. Very helpful doctor-can't wait to see him again!!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Very knowledgeable surgeon! Very good experience before and after surgery

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I agree with the other comments. I had Distal Radius Fracture (Wrist fracture). Without looking into much detail, Dr Khan suggested surgery. Then after insisting not to have surgery, he was okay with that as well. So in first place why did he insist on surgery without giving me options ? I read somewhere that doctors and hospitals can make more money with surgery and that is true. At the end of the day its business. I would suggest get as much information as you can on what has gone wrong and do some research online if you really need surgery or not. Thank god we have the power of internet. I recovered from fracture just with cast.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I took my child to see Dr. Khan for a dislocated her elbow. Once we met with him, he did not go over the x-rays with us, he was very short and appeared to be in a hurry. He put my child in a cast, without explaining to us that she could develop muscle atrophy and we'd need to perform exercises by squeezing her hand. Once the cast was removed, he suggested a splint. And, again did not advise us to perform any exercises. Once the splint was removed, I asked if she needed physical therapy and he said no and that she would bounce right back. After a few days and her movement not getting any better, I called the office and was told instead of seeing the PT to come in again. I did that and then he suggested PT. It was one month of my daughter being immobile and she developed muscle atrophy. We were also told she'd recover in 3mos. We are now looking at 10 mos of therapy, says our new Children's Hospital doctor, and hundreds of dollars in PT bills. Appears to be a new doctor.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

He is very unknowledgeable, I have a broken wrist that didn't heal correctly. He had to take a x-ray of my left hand to match it up against my right hand to see what it was supposed to look like. He also wanted to do immediate surgery like 4 days after I saw him. An immediate RED FLAG went off in my head. Then I told the staff not to schedule the surgery til I get a second opinion. He wanted to cut a piece of my Ulna bone out and place a metal plate there with pins. He needs more time to learn how the bones heal. I went to the second opinion dr. and he told me that I didn't need immediate surgery, he stated my wrist is still healing and could take up to 9 or so months to completely heal properly. FYI Please do your research and go to 2nd and 3rd opinions before you think about surgery. Dr. Khan is not a good choice. This is my opinion and went with my gut feeling to check into a second opinion.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

Worst doctor ever. Would not recommend him. He is young and obviously new to this profession. Stick to the others with more experience.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

Very knowledgeable,honest and friendly. Explained everything in detail and laid out options. I appreciated that he involved me in my care.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

Not very friendly. I was referred for an abnormal growth. He barely looked at it, described the procedure in the most monotonous and uncompassionate tone and then told me it would be 3 weeks before he could get to it! He actually also confessed he hadn't quite done this kind of surgery before! I went elsewhere for a second opinion and had the surgery done, stitches out and mostly healed byt he second orthopedic surgeon before Dr. Khan's "can get to it" day had even come!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

Dr. IMRAN A. Khan's Credentials

• Hindi

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1999)