Ratings for Dr. Ralph W. Gilbert

Dr. Gilbert is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He cannot be trusted. He does not allow you to make an informed decision about whether you want the surgery or not. He needs to have total control and has no problem lying and ruining your life!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Great Doctor! Highly recommend him. Great bedside manners.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Amazing Doctor and down to earth guy ! He tells you exactly the facts and nothing else. after 2 operations for basal cell carcinoma on my nose done by Dr. gilbert my nose looks AMAZING ! Great Doctor and great staff all around . Thank you Dr. Gilbert M. Roy

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr Ralph W. Gilbert is a used car salesman of medicine, lying to patients in order to earn profits from maiming them for life!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

As well as a surgeon, Dr. Gilbert is a great actor. He also does not follow through with what he tells you. He's very charming in person but is not true to his word and accepts no accountability to the point of lying at your expense. You do not see it coming as you would never expect a surgeon let alone any doctor to lie about your condition having worsened. Beware.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr.Gilbert is undoubtedly very skilled and highly professional. He takes time to provide answers to any questions asked patiently without rushing in spite of his busy schedule. He is very caring, and compassionate.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. Gilbert is a role model practitioner and I am fortunate to have been cared for by an exceptionally competent and highly professional doctor for the past 2 years. He is not only well recognized for his expertise in his medical field, he is the most humble, compassionate & caring professional that I have ever come across. I had so much confidence in him since my first visit and always felt that I was in the most capable hands. Dr. Gilbert, a simple thank you is not enough to express my sincere gratitude for the amazing care that you have provided throughout. Thank you.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Unfortunately my experience with Dr. Gilbert was much different than most of you. At my first appointment he said my surgery would take place in 45 days and I would have a 100% recovery. Thankfully I brought a witness to the appointment. I called Stephanie many times to ask why I hadn't heard anything. She said everybody is waitlisted according to urgency. Seven months later I requested another ultrasound to make sure things didn't get worse. He lied and said 'the good news is nothing's changed' . Suddenly he wanted to get me into surgery asap. My blood work from my pre-op exam showed my cancer marker number had doubled. I gave my uninformed consent . I had an extensive surgery that I had no idea I was undergoing and I feel duped. He outright lied and I have proof. He did not want to provide my 2 ultrasounds. He kept saying he would send them to me. It took many months to get them. First he finally sent one then later sent 1/2 of the second one. I guess he had no choice when I got The College involved. It's all been very stressful to say the least. So much for the 100% recovery. I'm all messed up now with permanent complications from the drastic surgery. Had he been honest, I would have never agreed to have the surgery. I wish I didn't. My cancer marker only dropped a little after the surgery anyway. It feels like he left something hard in my neck as well as ridiculous as that sounds. He didn't even have the decency to tell me that I risked losing my voice from the surgery. Thankfully I can speak now. It feels like a bad nightmare that will never end. How can he treat a patient like this and not be honest about one's condition changing? It's unheard of. I suppose he didn't want to take responsibility as he should have for making me wait so long to have the surgery knowing full well things had gotten worse. He lied about other things as well too numerous to list. I have much more to say but I'll end now by saying I hope I've spared at least one person from such horrendous and intentional unprofessional treatment. I wouldn't wish on anybody what I have endured by the hands of Dr. Ralph Gilbert!

Submitted February 15, 2017

Amazing doctor who has skill and expertise like no other.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Papillary thyroid cancer and full thyrodectomy in 2013. I requested this doctor as 2nd opinion per friend suggestion. Excellent surgeon and clean incision and minimal scar. Everyone comments what a great job he did. Very thorough and explains all and answers questions. Great staff and Secretary. Received a great resource binder before surgery that was very helpful. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016