Ratings for Dr. Ralph W. Gilbert

I was diagnosed with with what was determined to be T3 high-grade papillary thyroid carcinoma of the right thyroid lobe in February 2015. I was referred to Dr. Gilbert by my family doctor and was scheduled for appointment based on results of an ultrasound and biopsy. I had a successful surgery in April for a complete thyroidectomy. A second surgery was required due to a hematoma. The cause was due to supplementary high dose omega 3 supplements that I had stopped taking a few weeks earlier. The surgeries were successful. After assessment with oncology, I was scheduled and underwent radioiodine treatment in July. I was assessed in August by the oncology team and then Dr. Gilbert and his team in September. Results indicated that treatment was progressing well. I recently had follow ups with Oncology and Dr. Gilbert's team in March and April. Results indicate no recurrence which was reassuring. I feel very thankful and grateful. Dr. Gilbert throughout this process has been professional, reassuring, supportive and caring. He is an outstanding ENT Surgeon and his team of physicians are fantastic.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

I was diagnosed with a very large parathyroid adenoma and was hospitalized with hypercalcemia. I was referred to Dr. Gilbert by an ENT in Oshawa and was seen very quickly by Dr. Gilbert. He arranged my pre-op appointment to minimize travel time and explained the condition, the procedure and possible problems to my satisfaction. He sought me out the day after the operation to show me digital pictures of the adenoma, a very interesting experience indeed. I found Dr. Gilbert to be warm and caring. I would highly recommend him as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Gilbert saved my life when I was admitted to TGH for a very difficult, complicated intubation. Very skillful and thorough, and I am grateful to God that Dr. Gilbert was available to perform this life saving procedure.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Words alone cannot describe how much we admire this outstanding Dr , his exceptional skills and expertise reconstructed my son with a long and complicated history ,literally put him back together again and finally he can feel somewhat "normal" again and see a light at the end of a long tunnel..words alone cannot describe our gratitude. BIG THANKS ..

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr Gilbert treated me for throat cancer. I had already been told by another ENT doctor that is was a cyst and there was nothing to worry about. Dr Gilbert quickly determined that the first doctor was wrong and that it was a tumour and cancer, The tumour was on my tonsil which Dr. Gilbert removed. Then after 7 weeks of radiation and 3 chemo treatments I was cancer free. It has been about 30 months now since my treatment and I am riding a bike 4 or 5 times a week and feel great. Dr. Gilbert and the team at Princess Margaret are incredible medical professionals and wonderful people. This doctor and hospital deserve all the credit they receive.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Incredible doctor. Forever thankful of his expertise.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

An amazing surgeon, and an incredibly nice man also! Had 4 surgical procedures in a 3 month span to remove a chondrosarcoma and reconstruct my larynx. Dr. Gilbert was caring, compassionate, attentive, at no point did I feel scared or apprehensive, I had so much confidence in him. Thank you Dr. Gilbert and your amazing team.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr. Ralph W. Gilbert's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with with what was determined to be T3 high-grade papillary thyroid carcinoma of the right thyroid lobe in February 2015. I was referred to Dr...."

April 10, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Did amazing surgery for my wife in 2015 Febuary and very confident what he is doing."

September 12, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.northyorkmedical.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M3K 1Z1". Address has been updated from "None" to "1017 Wilson Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14166332000".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with a very large parathyroid adenoma and was hospitalized with hypercalcemia. I was referred to Dr. Gilbert by an ENT in Oshawa and was see..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gilbert saved my life when I was admitted to TGH for a very difficult, complicated intubation. Very skillful and thorough, and I am grateful to God that Dr...."

April 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Words alone cannot describe how much we admire this outstanding Dr , his exceptional skills and expertise reconstructed my son with a long and complicated hist..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gilbert treated me for throat cancer. I had already been told by another ENT doctor that is was a cyst and there was nothing to worry about. Dr Gilbert quick..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Incredible doctor. Forever thankful of his expertise."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "An amazing surgeon, and an incredibly nice man also! Had 4 surgical procedures in a 3 month span to remove a chondrosarcoma and reconstruct my larynx. Dr. Gi..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor , did a great job for my wife , cannot find words to thank him , thanks DR RALPH GILBERT ,YOU RE THE BEST"

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Our experience with Dr. Gilbert could not have been better. He is a formidable professional and and a fine example of excellence in his field."

September 16, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Ralph" to "Ralph W.", City changed from "Guelph" to "Toronto"

July 19, 2012
  • City changed from "Toronto" to "Guelph"

April 15, 2012