Ratings for Dr. Ralph W. Gilbert

We are very happy with the outcome of the surgery my wife had. Dr Gilbert and Dr. Gullane explained in detail about my wife’ s situation on our first visit to PMH. The assisting doctors and the staff very very polite and helpful. Within 15 days my wife went through all the pre examinations and she went through the surgery. The people on the 6th floor head and neck in patient wsrd were remarkable. Dr Gilbert and all his assisting doctors visited my wife every morning and the treatment was remarkable. I was there witnessing the dedicated people. When my wife left the hospital you couldn’t say that my wife had a 10 hours long surgery to her face. Thank God and thank you all for your dedication.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2019

Dr. Gilbert lied to me, gave me a much bigger surgery than he knew I wanted or would agree to, maiming and disfiguring me while hardly removing any cancer. I know this from my blood work both before and after. I hope I can save at least one person ffom my same fate. Please beware.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2019

One of the very best head and neck cancer surgeons and clinicians at any major cancer centre

flag | Submitted January 22, 2019

I was referred to Dr. Gilbert in March 2011. I had recurrent vocal cord cancer and I needed someone gifted to help me. From the minute I spoke to Stephanie to meeting the doctor himself I felt like there was hope. The surgery I received was cutting edge pioneered by Dr. Gilbert to give people like me a voice. He was confident, assured me this was my best course of action and Stephanie supplies me with information I needed, sometimes before I even knew I needed it. I have read the negative comments and I can only say he can’t fix everything he can only do his best. Sometimes we as patients have to listen and do all that is needed to recover. It’s so easy to blame the doctor or his invaluable assistant Stephanie, but that’s not right. Sometimes there is nothing anyone can do. Dr. Gilbert has a difficult job and approaches it with confidence, professionalism and expertise unique in his area of medicine. We are lucky to have someone that cares as much as he does. They don’t see as a number in a chart, but as someone that needs their help, which they give overwhelmingly. So thank you Stephanie. Thank you Dr. Gilbert for all that you do and continue to do.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Gilbert in 2016 for my thyroid cancer. He did total thyroidectomy went so good, Now I am waiting to remove my parotid gland. I read some reviews of Dr. Gilbert posted in propriate. He is a gifted doctor for this earth. Amazing bed manner very talented. Some reviews complained about Stephany too. She is amazing too. I am working in the same field, I know how hard to work under a busiest surgeon. She newer failed to return calls no matter how many times you called for the same reason. Dr. Gilbert is truly gifted for us without any questions. He never left his patients behind without proffer treatment.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

Dr. Gilbert is truly an amazing doctor and person. In my experience with the many doctors in my life, very few have the type of compassion, understanding and bedside manner of Dr. Gilbert. I always leave my appointments feeling that I have been heard, taken seriously and approached with compassion. The surgery he performed on me was flawless and I have fully recovered. He is certainly an asset and I would recommend him wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

Very nice and knowledgeable with a ton of experience. So great to have been referred

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Dr. Ralph Gilbert is the only doctor I would ever let treat my skin cancer. He definetly knows his stuff. Four times different surgeries and its been about 9 years. And he didnt deform my face like I was expecting. The best!!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Dr.Gilbert is amazing. He got rid of my cancer 1 year ago and has been amazing since. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

The best surgeon ever! Did a complex reconstruction of my larynx 4 years ago, and the outcome was exactly as he told me it would be. Any other surgeon, and I would never have been able to speak again. His bedside manner is amazing, he is so caring and comforting. If you are ever referred to Dr. Gilbert, you truly have the best and very fortunate.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018