Ratings for Dr. Ralph W. Gilbert

Dr.Gilbert is undoubtedly very skilled and highly professional. He takes time to provide answers to any questions asked patiently without rushing in spite of his busy schedule. He is very caring, and compassionate.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. Gilbert is a role model practitioner and I am fortunate to have been cared for by an exceptionally competent and highly professional doctor for the past 2 years. He is not only well recognized for his expertise in his medical field, he is the most humble, compassionate & caring professional that I have ever come across. I had so much confidence in him since my first visit and always felt that I was in the most capable hands. Dr. Gilbert, a simple thank you is not enough to express my sincere gratitude for the amazing care that you have provided throughout. Thank you.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Unfortunately my experience with Dr. Gilbert was much different than most of you. At my first appointment he said my surgery would take place in 45 days and I would have a 100% recovery. Thankfully I brought a witness to the appointment. I called Stephanie many times to ask why I hadn't heard anything. She said everybody is waitlisted according to urgency. Seven months later I requested another ultrasound to make sure things didn't get worse. He lied and said 'the good news is nothing's changed' . Suddenly he wanted to get me into surgery asap. My blood work from my pre-op exam showed my cancer marker number had doubled. I gave my uninformed consent . I had an extensive surgery that I had no idea I was undergoing and I feel duped. He outright lied and I have proof. He did not want to provide my 2 ultrasounds. He kept saying he would send them to me. It took many months to get them. First he finally sent one then later sent 1/2 of the second one. I guess he had no choice when I got The College involved. It's all been very stressful to say the least. So much for the 100% recovery. I'm all messed up now with permanent complications from the drastic surgery. Had he been honest, I would have never agreed to have the surgery. I wish I didn't. My cancer marker only dropped a little after the surgery anyway. It feels like he left something hard in my neck as well as ridiculous as that sounds. He didn't even have the decency to tell me that I risked losing my voice from the surgery. Thankfully I can speak now. It feels like a bad nightmare that will never end. How can he treat a patient like this and not be honest about one's condition changing? It's unheard of. I suppose he didn't want to take responsibility as he should have for making me wait so long to have the surgery knowing full well things had gotten worse. He lied about other things as well too numerous to list. I have much more to say but I'll end now by saying I hope I've spared at least one person from such horrendous and intentional unprofessional treatment. I wouldn't wish on anybody what I have endured by the hands of Dr. Ralph Gilbert!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Amazing doctor who has skill and expertise like no other.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Papillary thyroid cancer and full thyrodectomy in 2013. I requested this doctor as 2nd opinion per friend suggestion. Excellent surgeon and clean incision and minimal scar. Everyone comments what a great job he did. Very thorough and explains all and answers questions. Great staff and Secretary. Received a great resource binder before surgery that was very helpful. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

A blessing to everyone around him. Dr. Gilbert is a very knowledgeable surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I recently underwent a full thyroidectomy and a neck dissection due to papillary thyroid cancer. I initially saw another doctor but did not feel comfortable with the suggested method of surgery which would require both vertical and horizontal incisions. I therefore I asked my family doctor to refer me to Dr. Gilbert. Within a day of referral, I was given an appointment for the following week. On my first visit with Dr. Gilbert and Dr. McMullen I was immediately at ease. Dr. Gilbert's skill and expertise were evident within my first few minutes with him. He offered to repeat the biopsy so that I would feel more comfortable moving forward, which is something I very much appreciated - I did not wish to feel unsure about having surgery. Once I decided to move ahead with surgery, it was scheduled within about a month. My surgery went perfectly well and I only one very clean horizontal incision. It is now three weeks later and the incision is healing so well that people don't even notice it. I can only imagine that in a few months, I will not even notice it. I recommend Dr. Gilbert and his whole team, including Dr. McMullen without reservation. My experience with them and the hospital was nothing short of spectacular. Dr. Gilbert was happy to answer all of my questions, made me feel at ease and had a great sense of humour. Dr. McMullen also has a wonderful bedside manner - she is kind, warm, funny and very knowledgable. I'm very grateful to have been cared for by such outstanding doctors.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Excelent doctor iwas diagnosed with throat cancer ,doctor Gilbert saved my life since 1998 god bless your life thankyou Doctor Gilbert

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

An excellent doctor with tremendous knowledge, confidence and experience. You meet him and feel that you are in most capable hands.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr Gilbert is AMAZING!!!Hands down the best dr out there! He literally saved my partners life. When my partner was diagnosed with cancer we were told in Vancouver that he was unable to have surgery because it would be too complex and that my partner "wouldn't want to live afterwards". After searching for more experienced Drs I came across dr Gilbert! My partner sent him all of his clinical notes and within some time we spoke to dr Gilbert. We went to Toronto and dr Gilbert performed my partners complex surgery. The surgery was a total of 16 hours long. Dr Gilbert completely reconstructed my partners face and gave us so much hope! From the moment we met him we never felt nervous or worried. It has now Been 1 month post surgery and my partners doing well!!! :) if you are referred to dr Gilbert you are in GREAT hands!!!! Such a skilled, humble & genuine Doctor! God bless.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016