Ratings for Dr. Ralph W. Gilbert

Excelent doctor iwas diagnosed with throat cancer ,doctor Gilbert saved my life since 1998 god bless your life thankyou Doctor Gilbert

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

An excellent doctor with tremendous knowledge, confidence and experience. You meet him and feel that you are in most capable hands.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr Gilbert is AMAZING!!!Hands down the best dr out there! He literally saved my partners life. When my partner was diagnosed with cancer we were told in Vancouver that he was unable to have surgery because it would be too complex and that my partner "wouldn't want to live afterwards". After searching for more experienced Drs I came across dr Gilbert! My partner sent him all of his clinical notes and within some time we spoke to dr Gilbert. We went to Toronto and dr Gilbert performed my partners complex surgery. The surgery was a total of 16 hours long. Dr Gilbert completely reconstructed my partners face and gave us so much hope! From the moment we met him we never felt nervous or worried. It has now Been 1 month post surgery and my partners doing well!!! :) if you are referred to dr Gilbert you are in GREAT hands!!!! Such a skilled, humble & genuine Doctor! God bless.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I was diagnosed with with what was determined to be T3 high-grade papillary thyroid carcinoma of the right thyroid lobe in February 2015. I was referred to Dr. Gilbert by my family doctor and was scheduled for appointment based on results of an ultrasound and biopsy. I had a successful surgery in April for a complete thyroidectomy. A second surgery was required due to a hematoma. The cause was due to supplementary high dose omega 3 supplements that I had stopped taking a few weeks earlier. The surgeries were successful. After assessment with oncology, I was scheduled and underwent radioiodine treatment in July. I was assessed in August by the oncology team and then Dr. Gilbert and his team in September. Results indicated that treatment was progressing well. I recently had follow ups with Oncology and Dr. Gilbert's team in March and April. Results indicate no recurrence which was reassuring. I feel very thankful and grateful. Dr. Gilbert throughout this process has been professional, reassuring, supportive and caring. He is an outstanding ENT Surgeon and his team of physicians are fantastic.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Did amazing surgery for my wife in 2015 Febuary and very confident what he is doing.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

I was diagnosed with a very large parathyroid adenoma and was hospitalized with hypercalcemia. I was referred to Dr. Gilbert by an ENT in Oshawa and was seen very quickly by Dr. Gilbert. He arranged my pre-op appointment to minimize travel time and explained the condition, the procedure and possible problems to my satisfaction. He sought me out the day after the operation to show me digital pictures of the adenoma, a very interesting experience indeed. I found Dr. Gilbert to be warm and caring. I would highly recommend him as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Gilbert saved my life when I was admitted to TGH for a very difficult, complicated intubation. Very skillful and thorough, and I am grateful to God that Dr. Gilbert was available to perform this life saving procedure.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Words alone cannot describe how much we admire this outstanding Dr , his exceptional skills and expertise reconstructed my son with a long and complicated history ,literally put him back together again and finally he can feel somewhat "normal" again and see a light at the end of a long tunnel..words alone cannot describe our gratitude. BIG THANKS ..

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr Gilbert treated me for throat cancer. I had already been told by another ENT doctor that is was a cyst and there was nothing to worry about. Dr Gilbert quickly determined that the first doctor was wrong and that it was a tumour and cancer, The tumour was on my tonsil which Dr. Gilbert removed. Then after 7 weeks of radiation and 3 chemo treatments I was cancer free. It has been about 30 months now since my treatment and I am riding a bike 4 or 5 times a week and feel great. Dr. Gilbert and the team at Princess Margaret are incredible medical professionals and wonderful people. This doctor and hospital deserve all the credit they receive.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Incredible doctor. Forever thankful of his expertise.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015