Ratings for Dr. Ralph W. Gilbert

I was referred to Dr. Gilbert of Princess Margaret Hospital 5 years ago by an ENT doctor in St. Michael's Hospital for the schwannoma in my neck. He assured me that Dr. Gilbert was the best and he was right. I felt comforted right from the beginning because Dr. Gilbert was compassionate, caring and honest. When I asked if I should remove the schwannoma, he said it's my decision, when I asked for his expert opinion, he said he would have said yes when he was much much younger but with experiences and the risks involved, he suggested we monitor the schwannoma and only do the surgery when absolutely necessary. He then told me signs to look for and that I should contact him as soon as I see any change. I have been seeing him once a year since and I feel truly blessed that I have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I urge you to find another surgeon. I put my full trust in Dr. Gilbert and I was duped. I wish I never had the surgery. He made me believe that it was necessary. I would hate to see this happen to anyone else. Unlike me, I implore you to please research as to whether you really need surgery instead of putting your trust in a surgeon who is all too happy to cut and take out lots of lymph nodes that aren't even cancerous, etc. He ruined my life!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Dr. Gilbert is the most honest, talented, caring surgeon you could ever imagine. There are several recent posts on this site which I feel are written by the same disgruntled person, and border on libel. Trust me, if you have been referred to Dr. Gilbert, you are very fortunate to have been referred to the very best. If Dr. Gilbert can't help you, nobody can. He discusses with you exactly what he is going to do and the expected outcome.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Dr. Ralph Gilbert ruined my life. He hardly removed any cancer during the extensive surgery he decided to perform on me. I know from the cancer marker in my blood work. I'm lucky I can speak. I would have never agreed to have this surgery and he knew it. He's scissor/knife happy. Shame on him. I pray he doesn't do this to one more person. He should have been honest. He intentionally lied about what he saw in my second ultrasound. Then he wouldn't provide my 2 ultrasounds, proof of what he knew. He obviously thinks he's God and can do whatever he chooses. He's a very sick man. Now I do not trust any doctor. I'm devastated and fearful. Please heed my warning!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Dr. Gilbert is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He cannot be trusted. He does not allow you to make an informed decision about whether you want the surgery or not. He needs to have total control and has no problem lying and ruining your life!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Great Doctor! Highly recommend him. Great bedside manners.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Amazing Doctor and down to earth guy ! He tells you exactly the facts and nothing else. after 2 operations for basal cell carcinoma on my nose done by Dr. gilbert my nose looks AMAZING ! Great Doctor and great staff all around . Thank you Dr. Gilbert M. Roy

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr Ralph W. Gilbert is a used car salesman of medicine, lying to patients in order to earn profits from maiming them for life!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

As well as a surgeon, Dr. Gilbert is a great actor. He also does not follow through with what he tells you. He's very charming in person but is not true to his word and accepts no accountability to the point of lying at your expense. You do not see it coming as you would never expect a surgeon let alone any doctor to lie about your condition having worsened. Beware.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr.Gilbert is undoubtedly very skilled and highly professional. He takes time to provide answers to any questions asked patiently without rushing in spite of his busy schedule. He is very caring, and compassionate.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017