Ratings for Dr. Ralph W. Gilbert

I have been a patient of Dr. Gilbert's since April 2011 when I had to have major surgery (hemilaryngectomy) to cure my cancer that had returned on my vocal cords (very rarely does the cancer reoccur on this area). It was a difficult surgery for me with a lengthy hospital stay. Dr. Gilbert and his team were fabulous. A few months later I could speak better than I was ever able to (polyps on vocal cords over 35 years). In 2017 at my usual 6 month checkup I mentioned my right arm was falling limp suddenly and had been doing this for months. I told him my family doctor thought it was tunnel carpal since I am on a computer for work daily. Dr. Gilbert immediately disabused me of that idea and explained that due to the radiation therapy when I was first diagnosed with vocal cord cancer in 2002, the extensive radiation therapy may have caused stenosis of my carotid arteries and within 2 days had me seeing his colleague Dr. Lyndsey a vascular surgeon. After doing test it was decided I needed surgery and within 10 days I had that surgery to fix the left carotid artery. At my follow up appt on Sept. 16, 2019 with Dr. Lyndsey he spoke to me about the right side and the changes that have occurred since August 2018. I will more than likely need surgery to correct the right side, which he felt may be more problematic, with higher risk factors than the left since my hemilaryngectomy was for the right vocal cord area. Needless to say I was concerned about this, although I was expecting it to happen at some point. I was hoping for later. I went to my checkup Sept. 20, 2019 to see Dr. Gilbert and we spoke about my appt from this past Monday and he very calmly told me not to worry, that he would be there with Dr. Lyndsey when the surgery happened, to continue taking my medication and not to worry. That the area Dr. Lyndsey was very concerned about because of the hemilaryngectomy would not be an issue. I immediately felt less stressed about all of it. I have 2 of the best doctors that are exceptional at what they do, so while I will always have a certain amount of concern about this surgery, I know that I have the best doctors for the best possible outcome. Thanks to Dr. Gilbert for taking such excellent care of me since 2011. I wouldn't be here writing this, or be speaking these words if it wasn't for Dr. Gilbert. Thank you for being the dedicated and gifted doctor you are.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2019

Dr. Ralph W. Gilbert is a used car salesman of medicine, lying to patients in order to earn profits from maiming and disfiguring them for life!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2019

We are very happy with the outcome of the surgery my wife had. Dr Gilbert and Dr. Gullane explained in detail about my wife’ s situation on our first visit to PMH. The assisting doctors and the staff very very polite and helpful. Within 15 days my wife went through all the pre examinations and she went through the surgery. The people on the 6th floor head and neck in patient wsrd were remarkable. Dr Gilbert and all his assisting doctors visited my wife every morning and the treatment was remarkable. I was there witnessing the dedicated people. When my wife left the hospital you couldn’t say that my wife had a 10 hours long surgery to her face. Thank God and thank you all for your dedication.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2019

Dr. Gilbert lied to me, gave me a much bigger surgery than he knew I wanted or would agree to, maiming and disfiguring me while hardly removing any cancer. I know this from my blood work both before and after. I hope I can save at least one person ffom my same fate. Please beware.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2019

One of the very best head and neck cancer surgeons and clinicians at any major cancer centre

flag | Submitted January 22, 2019

I was referred to Dr. Gilbert in March 2011. I had recurrent vocal cord cancer and I needed someone gifted to help me. From the minute I spoke to Stephanie to meeting the doctor himself I felt like there was hope. The surgery I received was cutting edge pioneered by Dr. Gilbert to give people like me a voice. He was confident, assured me this was my best course of action and Stephanie supplies me with information I needed, sometimes before I even knew I needed it. I have read the negative comments and I can only say he can’t fix everything he can only do his best. Sometimes we as patients have to listen and do all that is needed to recover. It’s so easy to blame the doctor or his invaluable assistant Stephanie, but that’s not right. Sometimes there is nothing anyone can do. Dr. Gilbert has a difficult job and approaches it with confidence, professionalism and expertise unique in his area of medicine. We are lucky to have someone that cares as much as he does. They don’t see as a number in a chart, but as someone that needs their help, which they give overwhelmingly. So thank you Stephanie. Thank you Dr. Gilbert for all that you do and continue to do.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Gilbert in 2016 for my thyroid cancer. He did total thyroidectomy went so good, Now I am waiting to remove my parotid gland. I read some reviews of Dr. Gilbert posted in propriate. He is a gifted doctor for this earth. Amazing bed manner very talented. Some reviews complained about Stephany too. She is amazing too. I am working in the same field, I know how hard to work under a busiest surgeon. She newer failed to return calls no matter how many times you called for the same reason. Dr. Gilbert is truly gifted for us without any questions. He never left his patients behind without proffer treatment.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

Dr. Gilbert is truly an amazing doctor and person. In my experience with the many doctors in my life, very few have the type of compassion, understanding and bedside manner of Dr. Gilbert. I always leave my appointments feeling that I have been heard, taken seriously and approached with compassion. The surgery he performed on me was flawless and I have fully recovered. He is certainly an asset and I would recommend him wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

Very nice and knowledgeable with a ton of experience. So great to have been referred

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Dr. Ralph Gilbert is the only doctor I would ever let treat my skin cancer. He definetly knows his stuff. Four times different surgeries and its been about 9 years. And he didnt deform my face like I was expecting. The best!!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018