Ratings for Dr. David A. Hester

Dr. Hester listens to the patient in conjunction with test results. I had a previous doctor who did not care how I felt or what I knew to be normal. Dr. Hester is a warm human being who cares about his patients & takes the time to discuss your health. I haven't had a bad moment since I began going to him about 7 years ago. PS, the staff is equally warm and caring.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I was a lab ticket. The test administered was not done according to American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists standards. He didn't perform much of a physical exam. A friend took me to this appointment, as she was looking for an endo as well. She has many endocrine diseases, and needs one seriously. We have both looked, can't find one that is capable of diagnosing clinically, they stick to labs, take your money, dismiss you and you stay sick!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

Dr. Hester is great. He takes the time to discuss your medical issues and doesn't talk down to you like a lot of other doctors. He involves you and your input into your treatment choices and gives you options and alternatives instead of simply telling you this is what you need to do. I would recommend him to anyone with a diabetic condition.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I love Dr. Hester. I moved here a year ago to NC. I had horable thyroid issues for about 5 years. I am almost back to normal thanks to Dr. Hester. Dr. Hester is a nice man. He cares for his patients. He listens to what you say and he is very knowledgable in how to help you. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

I chose Dr. Hester based on reviews on the Internet. I no longer trust these reviews. I saw Dr. Hester for a year; had bad side effects from the Synthrod (uncontrollable diarrhea-fast heart). He was happy with the lab numbers, so told me to choose - live with the side effects of the synthroid (diapers) or live with the disease - I chose "disease" and a new doctor. I cannot understand HOW Dr. Hester is the highest rated Endo in AVL???

flag | Submitted November 20, 2011

I started seeing Dr. Hester for enlarged thyroid and nodules about 15 years ago. He has been wonderful to monitor for changes and make adjustments as necessary in my Synthroid dosage. He's tops!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

One of the most knowledgable Physicians I have had. He truly cares for his patients, talks, listens and is very friendly. I would reccomend him to anyone. I have had diabetes for over 30 years and he is the best for treatment of diabetes.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2009

Dr. David A. Hester's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)