Ratings for Dr. Soren Caffey

I was diagnosed with Colon cancer had a good surgeon and then visited Dr Caffey Dr Caffey had a gift for bringing calm to me as he explained my condition and plans I've always been comfortable with his recommendations because of his knowledge and experience Here we are 3.5 years later and he is helping me take this issue step by step as I continue to enjoy life.. His office has become my second home and I have so much respect and appreciation for his staff and nurses.. Thank you all ..EH 10/2017

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Soren Caffey is the most caring doctor I have ever met.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I wanted to share with others that Dr. Caffey's diagnosis of my extremely rare condition impressed me. I shared the diagnosis with some other physicians who were not even familiar with it. Then I was seen by one of the world renowned experts in a highly academic institution who confirmed Dr. Caffey's diagnosis. I'm fortunate to have met a guy of his caliber in Washington,DC area.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Caffey by my primary care physician for a possible DVT in my leg. Before I even had my first appointment, he had studied up on my case and called me at home to get further details.(I had two pulmonary embolisms following cancer surgery 17 years ago so he wanted to be sure he understood all the possible ramifications.) I have never before had a doctor do his "homework" on me before meeting me and was very impressed by this. Once I had the chance to meet him, I was even more impressed. Dr. Caffey is very knowledgeable and extremely kind and caring. I was his patient for about six months while on wafarin therapy. He was very agressive in the treatment (probably taking his cue from me as I wanted to take this thing on agressively because of my past history rather than go with a wait and see approach.) His staff is beyond wonderful and the girl who takes your blood is a real pro, even with a "hard stick" like me! Superb doctor!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

My primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Caffey. Because my doctor participates in Blue Cross/Blue Shield, I assumed that Dr. Caffey did as well. At that time, he was not part of the BCBS system. I had to pay the full office visit out of pocket. Since then, I've learned to check the BCBS website before making a referral appointment. For visit number one, Dr. Caffey took blood samples for testing. Instead of giving me the results over the phone, Dr. Caffey wanted me to return and discuss the results in person. Thus, paying for a second out of pocket visit. That was a bit annoying. My blood work was fine which was good news. The staff was helpful. The office wait time was minimal. I would visit Dr. Caffey's office again if necessary. However, I wouldn't go back for a second visit to discuss the results. I'd let him give the results to my primary care doctor. Dr. B doesn't mind giving results over the phone to regular patients.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Wonderful Hematologist, very caring, takes a lot of time with you doesn't rush in and out. I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009