You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Judy Gillies

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Gillies is very professional. She has a very busy practice as do all the doctors in Timmins. I dont think it is fair to criticize her for taking time off to be with her family to regroup and recharge. There are other doctors at the clinic who fill in during her absence. It is unreasonable to expect your doctor to know everything. She will refer you to a specialist if required. I am thankful I have a family physician and that i can talk to Dr. Gillies. I am sure there are patients who are challenging.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Caring, concerned, excellent bedside manner. She is a wonderful doctor, if she is late, she apologizes. She is much more experienced than her apparent age, and her ability to assess patients nd get to the heart of the problem is amazing.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

I agree with all of the negative comments expressed toward this doctor. She lacks respect for her patients. Unfortunately, I beleive that she is in the wrong profession. She books ONLY same day appointments whereby you need to call at 8:30 am and hope you get the line because by 8:45 all the slots are gone for that day. Then, if you do get an appointment, you better take part of the day off work because you will be in there waiting for hours to be seen. I once was given an appointment for first thing I the morning and was not seen until 11:00 am. I could go on and on but this confirms my concerns towards this doctor. Sad that we have to put up with doctors like this.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr. Gillies is a very caring doctor. She has always been supportive and i consider her a friend. I would recommend her to anyone. She and I discuss my care together and we decide what path to take when deciding my treatment.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

I saw this doctor recently and have heard some negative things in the past in terms of her lack of kindness and lack of professionalism. I don't judge people unless I have reason to. After spending 5 minutes with this doctor, it was clear she lacked the skills and qualities necessary to be a credible and well-respected doctor. I am glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. How unfortunate to have a doctor like this in our community. Good thing we have so many wonderful ones!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

On numerous occasions I have waited 1.5 hours before seeing Dr. Gillies (even with an appointment). I find her to be rude and obnoxious at times. She makes she feel like I am wasting her time. I have even minimized the reasons for my visits and she has made me feel "silly" for being concerned about my symptoms or side effects. She can be nice but for the most part I leave the office feeling awful about myself. On one occasions he even laughed at me when I explained the reason for my visit. Aftwards, I felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave. Unfortnately, there is a lack of family doctors in the area so I cannot request a different doctor. Due to all the reasons mentioned above, I prefer to go to the hospital and sit in emerge and wait for several hours as I feel I will have better assistance.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

My father's pathology report sat for nine months before she addressed it. It was cancer. Thanks, "dr" Giilies.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Judy makes sure that you see a specialist if needed. I have a lot of problems and she sees that I am directed to the right person. If you are and informed consumer you get the help you need. Better that she takes a holiday than burn out. Look beyond her casualness. I saw her teach an intern and she is the best. That means she knows her stuff.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Judy Gillies's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She Give 100 percent to her patient fixes the problem. She Don't get influenced by others. Deals with the facts."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I agree with many of the comments below. She lacks respect for her patients and for her profession. She is rude and impatient! "

October 5, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gillies is very professional. She has a very busy practice as do all the doctors in Timmins. I dont think it is fair to criticize her for taking time off to..."

June 15, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "https://www.timminsfht.ca/contact.php?mapi=10". Postal Code has been updated from "P4N0" to "P4N 6K6". Address has been updated from "None" to "38 Pine Street North, Timmins". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17052673272".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Caring, concerned, excellent bedside manner. She is a wonderful doctor, if she is late, she apologizes. She is much more experienced than her apparent age, and ..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I agree with all of the negative comments expressed toward this doctor. She lacks respect for her patients. Unfortunately, I beleive that she is in the wrong ..."

January 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gillies is a very caring doctor. She has always been supportive and i consider her a friend. I would recommend her to anyone. She and I discuss my care toge..."

November 14, 2014