Ratings for Dr. Luis W. Martinez

This is an awful doctor. I saw him a few years ago because I have HPV and a bump in my colon that was bleeding and causing me pain. He said it was nothing but a papule and thus didn't need removing or testing. He only gave me fiber packets to drink. It has not stopped bleeding and now it hurts more than ever, I'm going to see another doctor, because this could be cancer. Nice guy, huh?

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

He tries to help and he's polite, but he was very rough. I saw him twice and he couldn't help my situation. He also doesn't explain as much as my other doctors; meaning he tells jokes and stories, but leaves out information that might be specifically relevant to me. In most routine situations, he would probably be fine.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

I would not recommend this doctor. During a routine colonoscopy he used force to enter the scope into me. The scope punctured my colon. I almost died, but thanks to the wonderful staff at Huntington Memorial Hospital I made it - it took me over 6 months to get back to normal. Pasadena has many good physicians, I would avoid this particular one.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009