Ratings for Dr. Aline G. Daou

Very nice and smart. Cares a lot about me and my husband and daughter. Treats my disease of fibromyalgia very thoroughly and doesn't act like its not a real disease like most doctors.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

My husband and I have started going to Dr. Daou since January and love her. She has helped my husband with his diabetes and has it under control. She also has helped me through alot of health issues that has been ongoing. I recommend her and her staff is really nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

I see Dr. Daou and I also take my 91-yr.old mother to her. She puts her family first as any professional mother should, physician or not. She has always been extremely patient and helpful, very thorough, and has a kind personality. I have recommended several friends to her and disagree with the two previous comments. I am glad to have her in charge of our care.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

She is an average doctor in my opinion. She knows her stuff for the most part and takes the time to listen for and/or explore other peripheral life issues that might affect one's current condition (stressors, lack of sleep, etc.) She is good about suggesting appropriate more specialized tests if she thinks they might help diagnose. Sometimes her own personal life appears to get in the way of her practice ("sorry I'm late; the babysitter didn't show up"). The last PAP I had ...I had seen that the specimen was left out on the counter and asked if it would affect the outcome and she said it wouldn't. Then I got a letter that it had to be re-done, and I was billed for it. It took a lot of back-and-forth before that was resolved.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2010

I had been going to this doctor for years, and I always left worse than before! I have an anxiety disorder that also makes it very hard to sleep, and it eventually got so bad that I just broke down! Dr.Daou really had no sympathy, and did not even let me discuss my treatment plan, let alone take part in a decision. She once tried to put me on 200 mg Seroquel twice a DAY for the anxiety! I mean yea, You won't have a panic attack if your asleep all day! I can't take anti depressants and hate the way they make me feel, but she was ORDERING me to take them like candy. She talked to me like I was a child, not an adult with a serious problem. Then I found out I had hypothyroidism and instead of putting me on medication to help it, she wanted to wait for it to get worse, and then treat it! I ended up getting a thyroid nodule and it was my PSYCHOLOGIST who found it. I wouldn't recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009