Ratings for Dr. Steven M. Samuels

I have had Dr. Samuels as my GI for many years. I had cancer surgery two years ago to remove my colon as a result of a routine colonoscopy from Dr. Samuels. In October I had a routine modified sigmoscopy where he took biopsies. While he was in the area he took a random biopsy from another adjacent area that he might not normally have done. One of those biopsies was uspicious. A further test from my surgeon showed a cancer mass. Because of Dr. Samuels my life may have been saved because this cancer was not readily detectible. He has always been a wonderful doctor with a comforting caring manner.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

An absolutely wonderful doctor! Accepted me as a patient who was diagnosed with End Stage Liver Disease. Provided an incredible amount of information pertaining to my illness in an easy-to-understand manner. Works very closely with Mercy Medical Center (and perhaps Baystate Medical) to stay on top of his hospitalized patient(s). An extremely pleasant man who genuinely cared about my illness and saw that I was treated by top surgeons for a necessary liver transplantation.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

Dr. Steven M. Samuels's Credentials

• Univ Cath De Louvain, Bruxelles, Belgium (Grad. 1980)