Ratings for Dr. Greg R. Wheeler

Dr. Wheeler has operated on both my wrists for carpal tunnel syndrome and I have had excellent relief. Office staff was very nice; I read some of the other reviews and did not experience any difficulties at all myself. Excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I had read the comments and dreading seeing him already thinking it was going to be a disaster. Well every word these people have commented have been true. I did not care for him. He didnt seem like he was at least interested in anything I had to say. I went in the office and he told me he treats the patient not the symptoms. Well I told him what was wrong and he cut me off said he hears it a 1000 times a day and told me what was wrong with me..... What's wrong with me might not be whats wrong with someone else. Then he said here's my card when you actually get pain in The left side call me.. I was mad, upset and I didnt feel like I was even treated right. A second opinion will be sought out for sure.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

His bedside manner is horrible. However, I feel like this doctor DOES know what hes doing. He helped alleviate my back pain using surgery in 2014. He is not very friendly and can come across as uncaring but he is very intelligent. And hes good at what he does. I will take a jerk who knows what hes doing over a nice person that is clueless any day. I needed a world class surgeon, not a friend, and that's what I got.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

This man shouldn't be a doctor he showed no concern for the problems that I was having didn't explain anything. I'm going for a second opinion this man's opinion means nothing to me.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I'm over 50 and have deg. Disk disease among other illnesses. I recently had my first visit with Dr. Greg Wheeler. I have waited months to finally get to a neurosurgeon. This guy needs to change his choice in careers! He spent maybe 2 minutes with and that's no exaggeration! He didn't explain my MRI or my debilitating problems to me with more than 3 to 5 words! Never explained the surgery to me! I feel he thought that I was not worthy of his time and was NOTHING more to him than "one big bad back" that he HAD to cut on b/c that's how he gets paid! Instead of a person who has suffered with this for years, needed relief in an extreme way, finally has given in and decided to have surgery, and needed a good doctor! Don't waste your time like I did! Get another Dr. Other than this self centered, rude, unprofessional, and obviously overpaid Dr!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

I read all of the negative reviews before I saw this doctor. I did not want to rely on the opinions of others as there are some people who are never satisfied. I would not recommend this doctor to anybody. He spent less than five minutes in the room with me. I already had reports from another doctor as to the severity of my problems and was referred to Dr. Wheeler for possible surgery. He undermined everything that was in my reports and more or less told me I am fine. I am very disappointed that my condition was not taken seriously. I will never return to this doctor and I hope anybody that reads this review will think twice about seeing him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Wheeler was great. His Resident (Dr. Sleiman) was amazing too. His physician assistant was not so wonderful. I never had an appointment with her but spoke on the phone after my surgery. She seemed uncaring and unconcerned with my ligitimate problem. I ended up having to call Dr. Wheelers resident after hours, who took care of the issue immediately. His office staff could use a little work as well. They are notorious for "taking a note and passing it on", but only to have NO ONE call you back. You have to pressure the office staff several times before you get results and paper work completed. All-in-all im satisfied.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I have Degenerative Disc Disease and Fibromyalgia. My last MRI showed that I have Tarlov cysts in my lower back that are affecting the nerve endings. I took a copy of my MRI with me. He looked at the MRI disc and came in the room with me and spent maybe 3 to 5 minutes. He told me there was nothing he could do and that I would just have to learn to live with the pain. He has a terrible bedside manner and no compassion for his patients. I have been trying to get a copy of my records for over a month and keep getting the run around from his office staff.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

I had back surgery in 2004 performed by Dr Greg Wheeler, I have had nothing but trouble with my back since! It has never been right and hurts ALL the time. Never once was I sent to rehab for my back or anything just got cut open given pain meds and sent home. Would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone if you want your problem solved!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

two and a half hour wait for him NOT even look at my mri or nerve test. just makes a diagnosis on my looks. what a joke.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

Dr. Greg R. Wheeler's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Oxford