Ratings for Dr. Mark Doidge

Dr.Doidge is a salesman. He recommends vaccines that you don't need so that he can charge you more. The travel clinic that he works at overcharges customers. I spent $45 for just a consultation fee and on top of that there are injection fees. I paid over $400 for shots while i could've just gone to my family doctor and asked for prescriptions. My insurance company could not even cover the costs of the vaccinations because they were overpriced.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I would not recommend the Travel Clinic (170 N Queen Street). The appointment took 2.5 hours. We did not meet with the doctor but an IMG delegate. The vaccinations had a 50% markup from the same vaccines administered by my family doctor. They pushed a long list of vaccines that did not appear necessary, my bill came out to be $450. I would highly recommend going to a family doctor first for a consultation before visiting this travel clinic.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

After I had been waiting about 30 minutes passed my scheduled appointment, this very disheveled man walked into the office. After unsuccessfully trying to get the receptionist to find another doctor to cover his patients he called me into his office. His office was messy. I sat down and he proceeded to ask some questions to confirm my answers on the intake form. He told me that he couldn't make any recommendations and that all he could do was give me the fact and it was up to me to know what vaccines I need. He kicked me out of his office to call my benefits provider and told me to leave my stuff in his office. While I was on the phone, he brought someone else into his office where all of my forms, medical history and health card was out in the open. Overall a horrible experience. The receptionist was polite but seemed in way over her head and wasn't able to multitask. The nurse that gave me my vaccines was very good.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Jolly guy. Patient and very detail oriented. He works on weekends which is convenient.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

I was with him ten years then someone told him some lies about me and was cut off my medication. .pain meds. I lost my condo my wife and child and wound up homeless cuz couldn't work without my meds lost everything. Hes a bad bad man

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Saw this doctor many years ago. He was arrogant, rude and uninformed. Terrible doctor. Avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I like him. I have been to him several times and, yes, he's a bit unusual, but I have always found him to be competent and helpful. He's interested in learning about where people are travelling to. Of course he has to look things up - nobody can have knowledge of what diseases are experiencing outbreaks in every single region of the world - it is always changing.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I started to wonder about the Travel Vaccine Clinic where Dr. Doidge works while I was there. It started when the nurse told me the yellow fever vaccine was good for life but when I went to sign the vaccination certificate it was only good for 10 years. If you don't have a valid certificate you'll have to get the vaccine again whether it's still effective or not. Then the nurse told me I'd need to take Malarone (for malaria) starting one day before entering the malaria zone and then continuously until 3 days after. I asked her about the length and she said that different medications had different lengths of time that you take them for. Then the doctor reviewed what she had recommended and approved it. After I had my vaccines I was waiting to leave so I read the information sheet on Malarone (which is not from the CDC or GSK who makes it, just a page from that clinic) and I counted out the days that I was prescribed and it was short by 1 day. So I asked the doctor and he asked if I wanted one or two more pills so I said 2 and he changed it by 1. So already I was not impressed with the place and I knew I wouldn't come back. Then a couple of days later I looked up Malarone and everything I found about it, from the CDC, Health Canada, GSK and a pharmacist, all said it should be taken for 7 days afterwards. I couldn't find a single website or source to corroborate his 3 days. So I called back and the receptionist said it should be taken for 3-7 days afterwards (no mention was made while I was there of 7 days) but they'd had good results with 3 days. I'm not sure how they know that unless they are calling everyone back for a follow up and bloodwork which I was not told would happen. I said that I wasn't given a choice to take it for longer so she said that they could call in more pills to the pharmacy. It will remain to be seen if that will happen. My recommendation is BEWARE. I'm not interested in being an uninformed and unconsenting guinea pig for whatever unscientific experiments he might be running with Malarone dosages. Malaria is a very serious disease and he could be putting people at risk.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I agree with many of the statements already said : the front office staff were pleasant and competant but the Dr is arrogant and asks strange inappropriate questions. He contradicts himself, does his research on wikipedia. His demeanour is rude and I felt very uncomfortable. I ended up leaving without shots , just paperwork and a prescription. I would not go back

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Just got back. Not very helpful. Kind of arrogant. Better travel physicians exist; I would go to them. This fellow seemed more interested in just getting my $65 + immunization fee. Scatterbrained staff.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011