Ratings for Dr. Noel De Barros

I wound rate Dr. De Barros as one of the best I have ever attended.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

I've been seeing Dr De Barros for 2 years now. I've been very impressed. He's been equally good when I needed a diagnosis of an unknown issue and when I simply needed a prescription for an existing diagnosed issue without reinventing the wheel. Best Dr I've seen.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Not impressed at all, no eye contact and only appeared to be interested in turnover

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I have been seeing Dr De Barros for over 20 years, since he was in Ipswich. The Best Doctor I have ever seen

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I have been seeing this doctor for 5+ years now and have always found him to be excellent, attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. He is an excellent Family GP and I comfortably recommend him to anyone I know; thanks Doc :)

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

I regretted the recommendations of the student healthcare providers of going to Skala doctors because the doctor assigned to see me was beyond rude (constantly rolling his eyes when I was telling him the problem I was facing with my ankle and skin and stomach), I told him I had stomach discomforts and he rolled his eyes at me asking me if I was faking it - then proceeded to tell me to go home and steam rice to eat when I asked him if he could recommend something for my ongoing gastric problems.. Then I met Dr Noel, he's helpful, friendly, attentive and not to mention heaps and tonnes more knowledgable than the doctor I met at Skala doctors. I would 100% recommend him to anyone I know!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr. Noel De Barros has been my doctor for 4 years now. Best doctor I have been to in the CBD.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

One of the greatest, quality "FAMILY" GP's that you will find in the heart of Brisbane City (4000). Many GP's that I tried before finding Dr DeBarros in Brisbane city (I work in city and could only see dr's during lunch breaks), were no more than "number crunchers".....dr's that write scripts and sick certificates for university students and workers and obviously don't give a hoot about your medical and genetic family history....or who you really are. He picked up on an anxiety disorder I had been struggling with for years, without recognition. He has revolutionized my life by making it so much easier for me to function and I can not recommend him any higher. He really listens and has wonderful insight into mental disorders and there repercussions. He can really give you hope and supported me throughout my journey and successful treatment. Professional, comforting and precise.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

I went to see Dr. De Barros before christmas with my 2 year old boy who wouldn't eat his breakfast. He is usually a good eater. He had a temperature when Dr. examined him and by the time I took him to Dr. he was sleepy with aches and pains when examined. Dr. sent him off immediately by ambulance to Mater Hospital under suspicion of possible meningitis. He was then confirmed as having meningitis with other signs and symptoms appearing before our eyes. If it wasn't for the quick thinking of Dr. De Barros, my son would not be with us today. He had many tests and treatment and ended up in intensive care before he slowly got better and was stabilised. He is now home with us and we will never forget Dr. De Barros and his quick thinking, actions and impecible diagnosis.

Submitted January 22, 2014

In 2010 I visited Dr De Barros suffering from unusual aches and pains and feeling unwell, I told the doctor I was concerned that this might be related to my heart and I suggested that I wanted an ECG. He took my blood pressure, listened to my chest with a stethescope and told me I didn't need an ECG, and my heart was 100%. He said I had a stomach virus and I should drink plenty of water and rest. The next day I sort a second opinion from another very competent doctor (who is now my regulat GP), this doctor did an ECG and I was rushed to the emergency department at hospital, where I was informed that I had had a heart attack!! The next day I received 1 coronary stent and a week later, a further 2 stents. Had I taken Dr De Barros's advise, I would not be writing this rating now. Stay away from this doctor.

Submitted October 14, 2013

Dr. Noel De Barros's Credentials

• Glasgow, Scotland (Grad. 1972)