Ratings for Dr. Noel De Barros

As a city worker, I appreciate a no nonsense GP when I have to go on my lunch break. For the knowledge Dr De Barros has, he should be given more credit by the people who are whinging in these ratings. Perhaps if patients were more direct and concise in their explanation of symptoms they'd see better results. I've found him to be listening carefully to my symptoms and giving great attention to thinking of all the various conditions that my symptoms could present and then after a few simple questions he hones in on the issue and provides remedies. An earlier comment below mentions no eye contact. I've noticed this on occasion but it usually only happens as he reads the medical history on screen to ascertain if your complaints could be related to a prior issue. If you rate him poorly because he didn't pander to you when you carry on about your issues, perhaps you need a psychologist, not a doctor. If you want an intelligent an informed direct diagnosis, see Dr De Barros. He's not there to be your friend, he's there to ensure your health.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I've been seeing Dr De Barros for 2 years, three times a year with various ailments. He always knows the exact diagnosis from inconspicuous symptoms. He's direct and quick in his consults. $75/consults then Medicare rebates about $37

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I wound rate Dr. De Barros as one of the best I have ever attended.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

I've been seeing Dr De Barros for 2 years now. I've been very impressed. He's been equally good when I needed a diagnosis of an unknown issue and when I simply needed a prescription for an existing diagnosed issue without reinventing the wheel. Best Dr I've seen.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Not impressed at all, no eye contact and only appeared to be interested in turnover

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I have been seeing Dr De Barros for over 20 years, since he was in Ipswich. The Best Doctor I have ever seen

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I have been seeing this doctor for 5+ years now and have always found him to be excellent, attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. He is an excellent Family GP and I comfortably recommend him to anyone I know; thanks Doc :)

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

I regretted the recommendations of the student healthcare providers of going to Skala doctors because the doctor assigned to see me was beyond rude (constantly rolling his eyes when I was telling him the problem I was facing with my ankle and skin and stomach), I told him I had stomach discomforts and he rolled his eyes at me asking me if I was faking it - then proceeded to tell me to go home and steam rice to eat when I asked him if he could recommend something for my ongoing gastric problems.. Then I met Dr Noel, he's helpful, friendly, attentive and not to mention heaps and tonnes more knowledgable than the doctor I met at Skala doctors. I would 100% recommend him to anyone I know!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr. Noel De Barros has been my doctor for 4 years now. Best doctor I have been to in the CBD.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

One of the greatest, quality "FAMILY" GP's that you will find in the heart of Brisbane City (4000). Many GP's that I tried before finding Dr DeBarros in Brisbane city (I work in city and could only see dr's during lunch breaks), were no more than "number crunchers".....dr's that write scripts and sick certificates for university students and workers and obviously don't give a hoot about your medical and genetic family history....or who you really are. He picked up on an anxiety disorder I had been struggling with for years, without recognition. He has revolutionized my life by making it so much easier for me to function and I can not recommend him any higher. He really listens and has wonderful insight into mental disorders and there repercussions. He can really give you hope and supported me throughout my journey and successful treatment. Professional, comforting and precise.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Dr. Noel De Barros's Credentials

• Glasgow, Scotland (Grad. 1972)

HIP