Ratings for Dr. Katy Irani

She made comments to me about my stretch marks that had nothing to do with my visit, I left her office in tears worst experience ever.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Irani's office is the best from office staff to the Dr. I completely trust Dr. Irani. She has come through for me every time I need her. She is very knowledgeable and compassionate. In my experience she has been extremely competent and thorough. Her staff is wonderful. I'm lucky to have found her. :D

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I believe that these reviews for Dr. Irani to be incredibly rude and untrue. I found that she was very competent and compassionate to the problems that I was having at the time. The only thing I can say is that the wait-time was a bit long to see her, but that because she doesn't send people away when theyre 10 mins late. She is not about the profit of her practice at all, and her sister (the secretary/office manager) will even go through great lengths to help resolve billing issue with your insurance. They are truly a great bunch I'm that office, and will recognize you as more than a number or a patient, but a person. Dr. Irani and her staff are very competent and caring, they treat their roles in the office not like job, but passion. To see her, is definitely worth a sat in The Waiting room longer than intended.. for her precision, care and compassion for her job in women's health and in treating her patients like human beings with needs and concerns. I have recommended her to a few of my gals, all of which loved her! Say what you will, but Dr. Katy Irani possesses a personal touch and care that most practices large and small are lacking.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

I find Dr. irani to be kind , compassionate and knowledgable. I have never met anyone in her office who was not polite. I don't get all of these other comments. I had a vaginal ultrasound in the evening and she called with the results by 8:30 the next morning. Has always been efficient and kind. She may run late in the office but that's because if someone needs to talk she's there for them.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Dr. Irani was the only gyno I'd ever been to and I had my first appointment at age 17. I thought she was a normal, standard gynecologist until other friends of mine told me of completely different experiences. The waiting period is always at least 1 hour if you schedule in the afternoon. Her pelvic exams and pap smears are so painful I cry every time and need to take 4 advil beforehand just to alleviate the pain. Her nurses are incredibly disrespectful and dismissive of my questions and concerns. They often say, "oh don't worry about it" or "eh, I'm not sure but you're probably fine" or "oh you're young...you'll grow out of it". I also told Dr. Irani that I wanted a low-hormone birth control option and she said I "needed" the highest dosage of estrogen but couldn't explain why. She also said I needed an ultrasound but didn't say why or if there was anything concerning she wanted to look closer into. Ultimately, after talking with friends and realizing how terrible my care was, I took control of my own gynecological healthcare and stopped taking the pill she prescribed to me, cancelled the pointless ultrasound, stopped going to her practice, and have diagnosed myself with vaginismus and vulvodynia (no thanks to her). If anyone plans to go to her, run in the opposite direction as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

I disagree with these other ratings. I like Dr. Irani very much. She has been helpful and her follow-through has been impressive. So what if she's a little curt, I don't come to the gynecologist for hugs. In my experience she has been extremely competent and thorough. I like her nurses just fine, and her secretary is very nice! I find the people there to be very human!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Vance for 16 years now. She is by far my favorite of all my doctors. She is very smart, compassionate, genuine & comfortable. I consider her a true blessing in my life! Everyone should be so lucky to have a doctor as wonderful as she is. Her staff is also amazing. They are the most caring nurses.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

The receptionist is extremely rude and patronizing. She actually interrupted me on the phone and yelled at me for not coming in for an annual pap, even though I had been living out of state for university. Went for my first appointment at 17 and Irani gave me an extremely uncomfortable pelvic exam, one I later learned was completely unnecessary. Every pelvic exam I've gotten from her was very rushed and painful, but she will withold birth control and medicine unless you regularly submit (which is illegal). I went in last time for painful intercourse and irregular periods. Waited an HOUR AND A HALF in the exam room. She finally entered, rushed the exam, did absolutely nothing to diagnose the painful intercourse. Won't start me on medicine to regulate periods until I go to a far away facility for expensive tests. Also has no regard for patient privacy- she left the door wide open while I was still in the stirrups. I don't care if they're all female staff, that's just plain rude.

Submitted July 9, 2014

In a "nutshell", Dr. Katy Irani is 100% about increasing compensation for her practice. She requires 6 month visits to refill birth control, orders every test she can legally get away with while admitting you don't need them, does not accept credit or debit cards, charges top dollar for copies of your own records (that weren't necessary in the first place), and NEVER reads your chart. NEVER. You waste most of your time with her reiterating your history instead of having your current concerns addressed. Any concerns I have ever had were dismissed and I saw Dr. Irani for years. Nurses and doctor are also not up to date with current medical knowledge. Doctor strongly discourages patients from going off birth control irrespective of any side effects patients may experience so that she can make $$.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Dr Irani has been my gynecologist for the last 2 years. I think that she is very compassionate and competent. I have never felt comfortable going to the gynecologist, and Dr Irani and her staff have made it much more tolerable for me. I have also just had surgery preformed by Dr. Irani and she did a great job.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Dr. Katy Irani's Credentials

• Grant Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1970)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Albany, NY