You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jiri Dubec

A doctor with a good heart.. Very kind and compassionate with his patients.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

I took time off work to see Dr. Dubec and he last minute cancelled on me twice. So frustrating, like he is knowledgeable and helpful but he lacks professionalism. Like if you don't want to work during the holidays, just take those weeks off instead of booking patients in and than having the receptionist call and say he can't come today. Leaving patients in the cold is the worst especially when they need there medication!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

We find Dr. Dubec to be professional, caring & when he is in the exam room with you he focuses on you & listens to your concerns & offers his opinion, which is not always about pushing pills on to you. We had experienced appointment postponements due to the Dr's personal situation, but his staff always called us to reschedule. Hey, even Dr's have health issues! Lighten up all you Negative Nellies, especially with all the Quacks that proliferate the health field. Dr. Dubec rocks!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

This is The best doctor anyone could have! He has had a rough year and a lot of personal matters. He might of not always been avaliable to see but when he was he was always there to help smiles and asking how my family was even if they weren't with me. Everyone gets sick so does he. He is only human just like everyone else. He now seems to be available more he is in surrey 3 days a week and easier to see he seems to have a lot more time to try and help with whatever you need help with. This is an amazing doctor and anyone would be so lucky to have a doctor like this man.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

He had a tough 2014? Well his record or 2015 is just as atrocious! Yet another appointment cancelled by him. When I did last go to see him; in fact the last three occasions, he has rushed me out ( one medical issue only), said he needs to think about what to do and make another appointment, not know what my recent history is. Now he doesn't even look up medical history whilst I am in the room, let alone prior to that ! He is clearly winging through his appointments like he needs to be elsewhere and patients are inconvenience him. His friendly smile and polite language no longer can hide the truth. He is not a good doctor any more..unfortunate but true. His receptionist is lovely and I cannot fault her ..Dubec has messed up himself but knowing there is a shortage of Dr's means he is getting away with this.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Reading the comments below just make me sick to my stomach. I've been a patient for 3 years and counting and know his MOA (ruth) You should be ashamed of what you've been posting here. I have 3 appointments cancelled and his MOA called me and explained(nicely) that the doctor won't make it on the day of my checkup. She is doing her job and there ain't nothing she can do about having your appointment from being cancelled. Life could be in danger???? LMAO if you're on the verge of really passing out and your appointment got cancelled,why not rush to a "walk-in" clinic instead of constantly complaining to his helpless assistant?? I've also seen a lot of his two-faced patients talking trash but just smiles and thanks them right away after their checkup as if nothing happened instead of telling them straight in their eyes!! Be ashamed of yourselves for ripping the doctor and his staff. You should know better!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

This doctor has clearly spread himself too thin as far as his practice and patient load goes. How on earth do you ensure continuity of care when the dr is never available? Try to book an appointment and find out he's "on holidays" then when you say "ok, book me this day", the receptionist says, "oh, he's taken that day off". Seriously?! Either put the car back in the garage or hang up the stethoscope! You're putting patients lives in danger! (And I'm not a disgruntled person, just fed up!)

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I agree with the comments written on January 31st. I have known Dr Dubec for a number of years. During this time I have seen his standards drop considerably. It is evident he hasn't read reports before you go into his office and he quickly retrieves the results and skims through them. It is frustrating to watch him write his own notes whilst I am sitting there and taking away from patient doctor time. He has written countless prescriptions that counteract others....he once had my trust but now I am looking for another doctor I can trust. He is a symbol of how family doctors can turn the caring profession into a money making one. Such a shame.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Excellent doctor. Remembered me even though it's been a year since I last saw him. I spoke to him and he had a really rotten dec 2014 and jam 2015 when he had pneumonia.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Jiri Dubec's Credentials

• UBC (Grad. 2000)

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "A doctor with a good heart.. Very kind and compassionate with his patients."

January 2, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I took time off work to see Dr. Dubec and he last minute cancelled on me twice. So frustrating, like he is knowledgeable and helpful but he lacks professionalis..."

January 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very professional, caring, listens to your concerns and discusses the results thoroughly and offers professional advise"

November 10, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "We find Dr. Dubec to be professional, caring & when he is in the exam room with you he focuses on you & listens to your concerns & offers his opinion, which is ..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This guy is a joke! I think he caters to drug addicts. He should be shut down like the pharmacies."

November 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is The best doctor anyone could have! He has had a rough year and a lot of personal matters. He might of not always been avaliable to see but when he was h..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He had a tough 2014? Well his record or 2015 is just as atrocious! Yet another appointment cancelled by him. When I did last go to see him; in fact the last thr..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Reading the comments below just make me sick to my stomach. I've been a patient for 3 years and counting and know his MOA (ruth) You should be ashamed of what..."

May 30, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "This doctor has clearly spread himself too thin as far as his practice and patient load goes. How on earth do you ensure continuity of care when the dr is never..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the comments written on January 31st. I have known Dr Dubec for a number of years. During this time I have seen his standards drop considerably. ..."

March 18, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor. Remembered me even though it's been a year since I last saw him. I spoke to him and he had a really rotten dec 2014 and jam 2015 when he had..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "First i would like to say that i am glad doctor Dubec explained some of the personal things that happened in his life and health overthe last year just for all ..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "On Feb 13th I got a very bad flu and wanted to see me family doctor Dr. Dubec. I tried to call the vancouver location over 30 times between 945 am and noon with..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "To my patients that had cancelled appointments in the months of Dec 2014 and Jan 2015 I truly apologize. I was not on vacation, instead I suffered a severe left..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My appointment is always cansel and the receptionist there are NO MANNERS to answer patience call!"

February 4, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Perhaps Dr Dubec was so excellent in the past as rated here but this is no longer so; I disagree with even good ratings here. If you need a doctor with whom you..."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Other reviews are correct He is away or sick more than he is not for my appointments Scheduled 7 in 2014 and he cancelled out on six of them However he did th..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor is never at office, he is sick more than his patients. Staff is very rude and does not notify patients of his absence, Doctor is very personable but thi..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Their staff didnt even bother to call me when my appointment had to be rescheduled since the DR was away. I only found out it was cancelled when I tried to call..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "This Doctor calls in sick more times than he actually shows up for work. My family has had over a dozen appointments cancelled and re-booked. His staff is shor..."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best doctor ever! My doctor retired a few years ago and I thought I wouldn't be able to ever find a replacement just as great! Dr. Dubec is the best replac..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Jiri Dubec is the BEST doctor by far... he takes the time to listen and way more personal with his patients. ..when u go to see him it NOT just a #... he tru..."

September 26, 2014