Ratings for Dr. Alta Van Breda

She may listen but has no knowledge of what may be the issue. Doesn't check nothing out... your pulse, blood pressure or your breathing. Not very proactive.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

Very poor bedside refused to do anything to help sent patient whom was hemoraging home with perscription for medication patient cant take

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

As a senior I wold definitely recommend her to other seniors. I was comfortable with her immediately. She didn't make me feel I was asking too many questions or silly ones. She was kind and considerate. In fact she set my mind at ease on so many things I'll have to find new things to worry about. She's wondeful.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

Dr. van Breda is a blessing to our community. I have doctored with her for about eight years, through three pregnancies and some other health issues. Aside from her wealth of knowledge and her compassionate bedside manner, she validates my concerns. I have often felt that I am being a nuisance, or overreacting, but she always assures me that coming in over my (albeit, sometimes neurotic) concerns is no problem to her. She is such a wonderful lady. I truly appreciate her as a doctor!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

I love that I can go in and tell her my problem and what solution I would like to try and she tells me the risks and helps me make the best decision for my health.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

(1) Poor record keeping e.g. did not know she sent patient for blood work and that tests were never received; made no notes on blood pressure etc. (2) Very resistant to refer patient for heart stress test despite family history of heart disease and already diagnosed heart irregularities. (3) Not very interested, sympathetic or knowledgeable on problems senior patients have.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Van Breda has always been punctual, compassionate and knowledgeable with me and my daughter. She was my pre-natal doc, and I found her to be a great source of information. She also shared my joy during my pregnancy, which I loved - she is a kind person and an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I have to remind her to look at my blood test report, although she told me she would review the blood test report and called me if something wrong, yet, she always forgot to look at my report until I made an appointment to see her and to remind her. She cancelled the appointment several times, and she always late for each appointment

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

She is very arrogant, and rude! She performs unnecessary tests. I have alopecia (told by several doctors) but she decided to find out herself by cutting into my head, and of course test come back and it's alopecia, but instead of treating it she just gives me anti-depression pills. After a month of taking these pills, I quite due to terrible nightmares. I went to see a different doctor and she prescribed me with Minoxidil (Rogan). Now my hair has came back, no thanks to Van Breda.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013