Ratings for Dr. Alta Van Breda

I love that I can go in and tell her my problem and what solution I would like to try and she tells me the risks and helps me make the best decision for my health.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

(1) Poor record keeping e.g. did not know she sent patient for blood work and that tests were never received; made no notes on blood pressure etc. (2) Very resistant to refer patient for heart stress test despite family history of heart disease and already diagnosed heart irregularities. (3) Not very interested, sympathetic or knowledgeable on problems senior patients have.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Van Breda has always been punctual, compassionate and knowledgeable with me and my daughter. She was my pre-natal doc, and I found her to be a great source of information. She also shared my joy during my pregnancy, which I loved - she is a kind person and an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I have to remind her to look at my blood test report, although she told me she would review the blood test report and called me if something wrong, yet, she always forgot to look at my report until I made an appointment to see her and to remind her. She cancelled the appointment several times, and she always late for each appointment

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

She is very arrogant, and rude! She performs unnecessary tests. I have alopecia (told by several doctors) but she decided to find out herself by cutting into my head, and of course test come back and it's alopecia, but instead of treating it she just gives me anti-depression pills. After a month of taking these pills, I quite due to terrible nightmares. I went to see a different doctor and she prescribed me with Minoxidil (Rogan). Now my hair has came back, no thanks to Van Breda.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Van Breda was my prenatal doctor and I really liked her. It was my first pregnancy and she made me feel at ease with everything. I ended up needing an emerg c-section and Dr. Claassen performed that. The only reason she's not my family doctor anymore is that she switched clinics right after I had my baby and I didn't like her new clinic (South West Medi Centre). The staff at her old clinic (Medical Arts Associates) were awesome. Dr. Claassen ended up going to Med. Arts so I switched to him so I could stay with that clinic.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

Very poor Dr. didn't help me at all. Very abrupt and does not care about your concerns. Don't waste you time!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

She was very rude with my son who is 2 1/2. She was quite late coming to the appointment, and it was noon - he was crying cause he was hungry and tired of waiting and she walked in and looked down at him and said "What's wrong with him?" She wasn't any better with myself either. Never went back to her and would never recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

My husband went to ER with a severe eye infection. She gave him a prescription for drops,that he took to our pharmacy. The pharmacist realized that the doctor had given him the wrong prescription...EAR drops NOT EYE DROPS as needed. So the pharmacy called her and received another prescription. The drops were not to be used on certain types of eye infections, and she didn't determine whether it was bacterial,fungal,or viral. SO it was a waste of time and money for the prescription because he was unable to use what she had prescribed.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012