Ratings for Dr. John Gonder

I had Dr Gonder for retina detachment and vitrectomy surgery. He is an excellent doctor with a fabulous bed side manner. Would recommend in a heartbeat. 😊

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

I have been going to Dr. Gonder for past two years. I am so thankful for his knowledge and help. He is very good at explaining the procedures and puts you at ease. Glad I was referred to him. His assistants are also very kind.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

wonderful doctor made my elderly father feel at ease Terrific bedside manner

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Has great bedside manner. Really easy to talk to, makes you feel very comfortable and spends the time to explain what he's doing. Always open to answer questions

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

This Dr has an amazing bedside manner and extremely good at his job. I had an emergency appointment and arrived in London at 2 P M . The office was packed and I was in and out by 8 PM with a retina reattached and am doing fine. Thanks to the Dr and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I was referred to Dr Gonder for a second opinion from my ophthalmologist in Windsor and given by Dr Gordon’s office an appointment starting at 2:30 pm which “may last from 2 to 3 hours” at Ivey Eye Institute, St. Joseph's Hospital in London. I did spend 7 hours for a 5-minute face-to-face with Dr Gonder (2-hour driving from Windsor to London + 3-hour waiting (including 5 minutes of exam) + 2-hour driving back to Windsor.) My point here is that Dr Gordon’s office is working on the basis of “first come first served”: to be able to see early Dr Gordon, you have to try to compete to occupy the first place in the queue. Hung Le

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Gonder in 2009 after complications from type 2 diabetes. Everyone relieved my stress and made me feel that I was most special. Dr. Gonder was most kind and clearly explained everything that had happened to my eyes and what my options were and how the procedures would be done. I have had to this time several lazer treatments and several surgeries on my eyes. I found Dr. Gonder an extremely compassionate person and an outstanding doctor. If I need any eye surgery in the future I would want Dr. Gonder to perform the surgery.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I was referred to Dr Gonder in emergency, because surgeon in our city was on vacation. Resident and all staff including Dr himself are excellent and know their job. They explained every step of my surgery and finished every step in quickest time. But the lady who was suppose to schedule my surgery was very inconsiderate. We traveled from our city from 5:00 AM To get London at 7;30, she did not accommodate us though I was told my Dr of my city I will be taken care right away in the morning. Any way Dr Gonder treatment balanced out mistreatment by the schulater.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Gonder !!! Bedside manner and his explaination of procedures were excellent !!!! If you are referred to him you are in great hands !!!!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I called them once for my son because he start loosing his vision they where not helpful and they didn't even care about my son loosing his vision bad service i font recommend them at all

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015