Ratings for Dr. Michael C. Wu

My mother had a corneal transplant with cataract removal 2 years ago. Her vision is much better, and we have been very happy with Dr. Wu.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr Wu comes recommended by the Opthalmology department at Harborview. I had serious eye problem with much inflammation of eyes and loss of eyesight. Dr Wu did not have a plan of attack for the inflammation, was always late and rushed. Ultimately I asked him why my eyes were not responding and he just shrugged his shoulders and was speechless. Not a very reassuring manner. I went to another eye doctor who immediately put me on a plan and within 3 months my eyes were stabilised and improving. Wu just seemed out of his league on cutting edge eye care and had very bad bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

I went to him because he listed his interest in my particular eye disease. I was not impressed. I would ask some extremely basic questions and he was unable to even understand what I was asking. He'd give an answer and I would be like, How does that have anything to do with what I just asked. I work for a physician and deal with a lot of the areas local physicians, I know how to ask a physician a question. I also know how to reword if they don't seem to be giving me an answer that fits the question. I just was not getting through to him. My particular eye disease is not an easy one to treat- I know that. I was having difficulties and I couldn't get any help. Not a reason why, not a this the next plan of action, nothing. I was left to do my own research to try and figure out the answers and solutions. Patient education is definitely a good thing but part of the reason you see a doctor is that they are trained to help find solutions to fix the problem.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Dr. Wu has twice now missed appointments with my wife. the first time she waited 75 minutes and was not seen by him. Today she waited 92 minutes and was not seen by Dr. Wu. Who know how good of a doctor he is because you can't get into see him. Don't make any other plan for your afternoon if you have an appointment with him, because he is not punctual!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Dr. Michael C. Wu's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1998)

Centene